No more London arrivals lounge | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

No more London arrivals lounge

sxc

Looks like no more arrivals lounge access for QF passengers in London:

Executive Traveller
understands that when the arrivals lounge had been available to Qantas passengers, only 1-2 guests would typically stop by each day, out of up to 126 business class and first class flyers as were eligible for access after descending into Heathrow.
If so few people were actually using it, you would think that QF could come to some agreement with AA to just pay for the actual entries to the lounge, rather than pulling access completely?

defurax

Established Member
Flights
My Map
This is such a dumb cost cutting exercise. I guess QF will eventually cut chauffeur drive also saying that Heathrow Express is faster.
AA arrivals lounge was also great to get shirt and pants pressed before heading to the city.

Himeno

Established Member
I've used either the BA or AA arrivals lounges in LHR every time I've arrived and gone land side. Last used it in early Nov after QF31 to get some food and have a shower before meeting a friend in the city for a day trip (and flight to LIS in the evening).

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Very disappointing - one of the significant benefits of J or F early morning arrivals at LHR. I've only used it once (and the BA lounge in T5 once also), but it certainly added to the overall experience.

ChrisMars

Good staff, good breakfast and good ironing service. A shame its gone. Very handy for early morning arrival, where limousine service to a hotel with checkin after 2pm is not convenient.

kookaburra75

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Major bummer. Despite what Qantas says, I used the lounge to shower, get my suit pressed and get into my hire car as I don't go into London for work. Cheap move Qantas. I have used the Premium Lounge at T3, and while the showers are ok but there's no ironing service and the breakfast buffet is just ok.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pondango