no longer available? Citibank Gold NO ANNUAL FEE FOR LIFE

Discussion in 'CitiBank Rewards Program' started by t-bug, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. t-bug

t-bug Junior Member

Dec 4, 2006
    hello,

been overseas for last few months and seems like i've missed out on this great offer? i checked the citibank site and the gold card shows a fee of $119, what i've been paying for last few years. could someone pls confirm that the offer has in fact lapsed or if there's anyway of applying for the fee free offer?
    tia.

2. auriga

auriga Active Member

Nov 6, 2005
  3. t-bug

t-bug Junior Member

Dec 4, 2006
    thanks. i've applied for my wife as the fine print says not available to current credit card holders.

4. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    That has not stopped a number of us applying successfully...;)

5. t-bug

t-bug Junior Member

Dec 4, 2006
    interesting. i have a current citibank gold card and thought the deal was not available to current credit card holders.

any details of latest dates of successful applications? what did they do with your 'old' citibank credit card? :confused:
    many thanks.

6. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    I just ticked that I didn't have a Citibank card....that did not fool them as they knew:mrgreen: (did not ask for a 100 point ID check for the new card). I have since closed my other card and they were happy to transfer all of my credit limit across which I politely declined. They also transferred across my remaining few reward points. I applied about 3 months ago.
    Hope this helps!

7. t-bug

t-bug Junior Member

Dec 4, 2006
    glad you got yours. browsing the threads i understood the fine print about "Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer" only started appearing in nov/dec.

8. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    When I applied, the "fine print' was already there but I heard that others had applied anyway, and were approved; so I figured I would apply as I had nothing to lose;)