No longer able to earn points on ATO transactions with ANZ plat rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

splatty

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Recent change in latest bill:

[/FONT]"You will not earn Reward Points on interest
charges; premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card
Insurance; government charges; bank fees; cash
advances (as defined in the ANZ Credit Cards
Conditions of Use) and card account adjustments
resulting from disputed transactions."

Does anyone have the old clause?

Recent change in latest bill:

"You will not earn Reward Points on interest
charges; premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card
Insurance; government charges; bank fees; cash
advances (as defined in the ANZ Credit Cards
Conditions of Use) and card account adjustments
resulting from disputed transactions."

Does anyone have the old clause?

I read that as charges on your account, like the old FID, not purchases made from a government department.

So far no one has reported missing points by using the ANZ Amex to get up to 1.5 points per dollar at the ATO at a rate of just under a cent a point cost.
The big four banks would have their customers howling in these AFF threads if a change is made so I agree with markis10 that it is not what you were thinking.

That refers to a government charge related to the card. Not payments to government for charges not related to the card.

Sent from the Throne

Mrscove still has an ANZ card to have her own credit file. My partner cards on her account are gathering dust somewhere as ANZ has nothing of interest for me to use them. Twenty years ago they were a market leader but times changed and I felt the early benefits got moved into the ANZ CEOs salary and bonus.

Mrscove still has an ANZ card to have her own credit file. My partner cards on her account are gathering dust somewhere as ANZ has nothing of interest for me to use them. Twenty years ago they were a market leader but times changed and I felt the early benefits got moved into the ANZ CEOs salary and bonus.
+1 on that, isn't it amazing ANZ were probably first in the FF card market and now they are nowhere!

+1 on that, isn't it amazing ANZ were probably first in the FF card market and now they are nowhere!

Not really, consumers are lazy and reluctant to change, and banks take advantage of that, I would not be surprised if they still retain a significant frequent flyer card base purely for that reason.

Citibank Visa have definitely removed ATO tax payments from my points count and my understanding is that all of the major banks have done the same.

Felicity your belief is incorrect. I am using 3 cards this month for ATO to get points.

Felicity your belief is incorrect. I am using 3 cards this month for ATO to get points.
Agreed, I'm a bit of a CC tart (for the signup bonuses) and have a number of CC's in my wallet. Only one earns no points for ATO spend.

Do we know if NAB QF Platinum AMEX is still OK for ATO 1.5 point per dollar?

Hi MelUser, did you work out if NAB Plat Amex pays points?? Were you planning to do so? Cheers

Yep worked that out also. Cheers and happy ATO points. I'm currently gobbling up double points with Altitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back