NO ANNUAL FEE Amex Gold Ascent Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you value MR points @ 1¢ each then you'll need to spend $16,000 PA to make the $80 "Boost your Points" fee worthwhile.

Well from the lack of participation of this forum, it seems most people already have the Plat CC, or RM, or Gold/Plat charge card (or even Qantas Amex), and do not need this "entry level" credit card.

I think this card is good for people who don't want to pay annual fees (or ring Amex every year to get the fee waived) and occassionally use the credit card, since MR points does not expire .... however lack of Qantas transfer could put them off.

A lot of people on here have very high spend, so cards with fees are worthwhile. For those of us on lower spends though, this seems like a very good offer. In fact any offer that lets you avoid fees is a good one. Shame it doesn't seem to include travel insurance though...

I have a very simple Amex Gold credit card and I would be lucky if I spent more than >$30,000 a year on the card and I am on a decent salary.

The Gold credit card is fee free, I think I need to spend >$9,000/year so has not been an issue, and I pay $80/year for Ascent membership. I may end up getting a Amex Platinum card one day if the right bonus points for signup are offered....

I already have an Amex Gold with Ascent. I obtained it through a professional organisation (Engineers Australia). And I have both my annual card fee and Ascent program fee waived.

I'm concerned about the $2/1 pt offered on the card that was shown when I followed the link (my current Amex nets me $1/1pt + $1/0.5pt for Gold Accelerator). I assume that nothing is happening to my existing Amex due to not having received a letter of sufficient warning....I hope......

Hi,

Those of you with multiple amex cards may be able to answer this:

I have an existing Gold credit card which is fee free + I am paying the $80 for Ascent. If I was to sign up for the gold ascent card in the original post as a second card, would it earn 1:1 or would I have to pay an additional $80 to get that?

i.e. is Ascent "per card" or "per member"?

Cheers

Those of you with multiple amex cards may be able to answer this:

I have an existing Gold credit card which is fee free + I am paying the $80 for Ascent. If I was to sign up for the gold ascent card in the original post as a second card, would it earn 1:1 or would I have to pay an additional $80 to get that?

i.e. is Ascent "per card" or "per member"?
As far as I am aware you can only have the one Ascent MR account for multiple Amex cards.

I know you can have an Amex Platinum credit card or Amex Rewards Maximiser and an Amex Gold card but I am not sure that you can have 2 Amex Gold cards. Give Amex a call if you want clarification.

As far as I am aware you can only have the one Ascent MR account for multiple Amex cards.

I know you can have an Amex Platinum credit card or Amex Rewards Maximiser and an Amex Gold card but I am not sure that you can have 2 Amex Gold cards. Give Amex a call if you want clarification.

not sure, but i know that either way you will pay because they charge you link to the orginial ascent anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back