"Newbie" wanting some advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.

saligari

G'day and this is my 1st posting, and I am seeking some confirmation ideas or help please. I want to find the cheapest way I can tackle the following on a reputable airline Depart MEL and arrive ATH Greece from there we will catch a cruise to Miami USA so I then need MIA to MEL or MIA LAX MEL or ?I cant work out if I can do it better on 2 one way tickets (ouch) or a round the world ticket or is there a better way ? I would appreciate any advice on how people have done similar or have far more nouse in this area other than me :) regards

Kiwi Flyer

Welcome to AFF saligari :)

In general one way tickets are expensive compared to returns, but some airlines have one-way pricing. Unfortunately for you not many options whereby a single airline serves both MEL and ATH (just TG and SQ, plus OS until March?).

Most RTWs don't allow trans-continental surface segments (ie bits not flown) and even when they do you are losing a lot of the value of the ticket.

If you have enough points in a program that allows one way awards (eg QFF), then that may be a good way to solve the problem.

Another way is to purchase a round the world with a surface segment say between London and Athens. Fly all the way to Athens. Take the cruise. Pick up a cheap trans-atlantic fare back to London and resume your RTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..