Card Promotions New Westpac Altitude Platinum Offer 75k QFF Points. 1st year fee free

aleaf

Intern
Hoping for some info - my employer issued me a company credit card a year or so ago. It never occurred to me that this might disqualify me from receiving the bonus points for a new card. And as I read in this thread it really does take 90 days for bonus points to show, I'd hate to be waiting 90 days for nuthin.

Was on the phone with Westpac earlier today but the agents sounded a little ... vague. Was not confident she would be able to help. Can someone provide guidance? Would a company issued card count as an existing card ergo no bonus points for me?

GSP

Established Member
Solutions
Hoping for some info - my employer issued me a company credit card a year or so ago. It never occurred to me that this might disqualify me from receiving the bonus points for a new card. And as I read in this thread it really does take 90 days for bonus points to show, I'd hate to be waiting 90 days for nuthin.

Was on the phone with Westpac earlier today but the agents sounded a little ... vague. Was not confident she would be able to help. Can someone provide guidance? Would a company issued card count as an existing card ergo no bonus points for me?

What sort of company card? I have the Green Amex Corporate Card issued to myself, but is in the name of the company and is not listed on any of my accounts or has affected any applications Amex or otherwise.

It's likely that the card is in the companies name and you as a cardholder, similarly like you can setup a secondary card holder so you should be OK, but I'd talk to your company also about this. Additionally check on the credit sites to see if it is listed as one of your open accounts or not.

Good luck.

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I can't say for certain about Westpac company cards and there could be different arrangements, but I've held both Amex and Citibank corporate cards and neither has ever shown on my own credit report or anything to do with my own accounts at these institutions.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..