New to the forum + got Gold today 5.5 months in .. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

New to the forum + got Gold today 5.5 months in ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskogsta

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
38
Excellent forum! Just got Gold 5.5 months in and will be looking for Platinum. Seems ok with what is planned. We'll see!

/Jorgen
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
jskogsta said:
Excellent forum! Just got Gold 5.5 months in and will be looking for Platinum. Seems ok with what is planned. We'll see!

/Jorgen
Congratulations on Gold and welcome to AFF, jskogsta. We all learn a lot from each other here, so don't be afraid to ask for help if you ever need it.

Good luck going for Platinum.
 

QF WP

Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
15,831
Flights
My Map
jskogsta, that's a deal of flying in under 6 months and does mean you are on track for Platinum...only 700 SC's to go!

Whilst Gold membership has some nice additional benefits (foremost in complimentary QC membership), Platinum is much, much better :wink:

In case you missed it, here's an interesting discussion about Platinum membership
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Lindsay Wilson said:
jskogsta, that's a deal of flying in under 6 months and does mean you are on track for Platinum...only 700 SC's to go!
Surely that depends on the type of travel. oneway Europe-SYD can earn 500+SCs on it's own

Dave
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
Surely that depends on the type of travel. oneway Europe-SYD can earn 500+SCs on it's own
And is very cost effective if travel is commence in Lybia 8) .

Oh yes, and welcome jskogsta.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
NM said:
Dave Noble said:
Surely that depends on the type of travel. oneway Europe-SYD can earn 500+SCs on it's own
And is very cost effective if travel is commence in Lybia 8) .

Oh yes, and welcome jskogsta.
Hmm... Really? I hadn't thought of that . Is it? :)

oh, and welcome to jskogsta , whether you travel has been frequent and in Why or lazed away for a single trip in F

Dave
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,361
Welcome jskogsta

Gold in 5.5 months is great - well done.

But as already mentioned, its worth the effort to try and get Platinum !!
 

jskogsta

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
38
Damien said:
Congratulations on Gold and welcome to AFF, jskogsta. We all learn a lot from each other here, so don't be afraid to ask for help if you ever need it.
Will do! I was quite surprised when I happened to find this site! Actually been looking for something like it for some time! :)

Again thanks .. and have a good weekend!

/Jorgen
 

jskogsta

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
38
Lindsay Wilson said:
jskogsta, that's a deal of flying in under 6 months and does mean you are on track for Platinum...only 700 SC's to go!
I know! :) 690 to be precise. I see that the perks from Platinum would be of good use. Even gold now will be way better than what I'ev gotten thus far. I've not wanted to fork out the dollars for the A-Club .. so access to just the lounge will be great.

Lindsay Wilson said:
Whilst Gold membership has some nice additional benefits (foremost in complimentary QC membership), Platinum is much, much better :wink:
I know! I should tail-gate your trips and you could invite me?! :)

Lindsay Wilson said:
In case you missed it, here's an interesting discussion about Platinum membership
:wink:

Ah great! Thanks! Will sift through that one. Thanks!

/Jorgen
 

jskogsta

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
38
Dave Noble said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
jskogsta, that's a deal of flying in under 6 months and does mean you are on track for Platinum...only 700 SC's to go!
Surely that depends on the type of travel. oneway Europe-SYD can earn 500+SCs on it's own

Dave
I know! Havn't been that fortunate. Our corporate policy now is strictly economy unless you have some really good arguments. Trying to reduce their opex. :) So it's been frequent. Though a mix of domestic and international ..

.. wish first class was the standard. That would have been something. :)

/Jorgen
 

blackhorse

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
16
Gold in 4 Months 17 days

Back from MEL today making it to 700 SC and gold. All "whY" with 20 SC's PER-MEL and a few other trips.

Great forum with excellent information for FF.
 

jskogsta

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
38
Re: Gold in 4 Months 17 days

blackhorse said:
Back from MEL today making it to 700 SC and gold. All "whY" with 20 SC's PER-MEL and a few other trips.

Great forum with excellent information for FF.
Good on ya! :) Best of luck .. beat me to it with a month .. argh! I have to speed things up! Oh well, got a trip planned to Washington + Edinburgh + Singapore + India within a few months .. should speed it up .. I think. :)

Have a good one!

/Jorgen
 

262sammy

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
14
jskogsta said:
I know! Havn't been that fortunate. Our corporate policy now is strictly economy unless you have some really good arguments. Trying to reduce their opex. :)
Avoiding DVTs might work as a good argument. Potential OHS issue? :wink:

I don't know how our folks in HR would take it... I'm pretty sure I know how finance would respond :cry:
 

NickP

Intern
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
65
Can I check my wife in on her flight with QFF booked seat to LHR at the business class counter, even through I'm not travelling but will be a WP member?
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,806
Flights
My Map
NickP said:
Can I check my wife in on her flight with QFF booked seat to LHR at the business class counter, even through I'm not travelling but will be a WP member?
unfortunately not.
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,659
Congratulations. :) I'll also be achieving Gold by the end of the week (currently on 680 SCs), and I started about 6 months ago too. Looking forward to that free Qantas Club membership! :)

262sammy said:
Avoiding DVTs might work as a good argument. Potential OHS issue? :wink:
That was the argument used by work when I last flew to the US! I didn't complain. :D

Cheers,
- Febs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
81,990
Messages
1,895,988
Members
49,829
Latest member
tonyliew
Top