New St George Signature card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark3000

This looks very interesting, a new Signature card from St George

20,000 bonus Amplify or Qantas points when you make your first purchase by 30 November 2014. Apply by 30 September 2014[SUP]1[/SUP]Our highest points earn rates, uncapped
Double points on international spend
Birthday bonus – 10% bonus points calculated on the number of base points earned in the prior 12 months[SUP]2[/SUP]

Two complimentary airport lounge passes per year

$1 = 1.5 amplify points = 0.75 qantas points in Australia
$1 = 3 amplify points = 1.5 qantas points outside Australia
Can redeem 1 amplify point for 0.5 SQ, MH, Velocity points

T&C's exclude business purchases ?ATO unknown

Not as good as WWEDR, but better than big bank Visa
[SUP]

[/SUP]

Lounge passes
even better are that the lounge passes are not just Priority pass, but you get Qantas club passes

[SUP]7[/SUP]To be eligible for the two complimentary Qantas Lounge invitations, you must register your details at stgeorge.com.au/amplifysignature.
Two complimentary lounge invitations will be automatically sent to the account holder at the same date of the initial Qantas Lounge Pass registration following the account holder’s registration. Qantas club invitations are provided courtesy of St George Bank, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated international business lounges only.
Not valid in international First Class Lounges, Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a QF or JQ flight number.
The two Qantas Club Lounge invitations will be sent to your Card account mailing address within 4 weeks of your registration,

Thanks Mark3000 - I just filled out the forms to move my Bank of Melbourne Amplify to this product (same as St George), doubt I will get the 20,000 points but everything else seems better than the current card - and the annual fee is still covered in the home loan advantage package.

And the important question
Cost ?

Literally can;t find it on the website, the FAQ, the T&Cs or the first page of the application

Thanks Mark3000 - I just filled out the forms to move my Bank of Melbourne Amplify to this product (same as St George), doubt I will get the 20,000 points but everything else seems better than the current card - and the annual fee is still covered in the home loan advantage package.

Yes I'm afraid I don't think either of us will get the 20 000 bonus points, it says no points for switching cards or for those who get it on a package.
I'm definitely going to cancel my current StGeorge Amplify Visa as it was terrible, only 0.5 points per dollar. Oh how many points I have missed out on over the years before I found this site!

I haven't decided about the Signature though. If I don't get the bonus, I am going to be better off canceling my St George card and getting the current Westpac offer of double points. That offer expires in June so I'm thinking of possibly coming back to the St George card later in the year and maybe having been off St George for 3 months might re-qualify for the bonus.

Is it stated anywhere that the annual fee is included? I'm on a Advantage pack and only get the Amplify Visa for no annual fee = $79 worth

Is it stated anywhere that the annual fee is included? I'm on a Advantage pack and only get the Amplify Visa for no annual fee = $79 worth
I'm in the same boat, I have a home loan package with St George and a personal banker and still had to pay for $79 annual fee for the coughpy Amplify Visa, so I don't like my chances of getting the shiny new signature for free. I'd love to hear though if anyone else manages to get this.

Mark3000,

I'm with St George too - I didn't realise they offered a personal banker service? Are you one of their private banking members?

I have to say, I've signed up for a number of online banking accounts with the big 4, and St George's internet and mobile banking beats them all hands down. I've been begging St George for the past 2 years to introduce a card with a better reward scheme than the existing Amplify, and I'm excited to see that's exactly what they've done. I can only hope enough of you all sign up for it that it proves to be a worthwhile investment for them.

Mark3000,

I'm with St George too - I didn't realise they offered a personal banker service? Are you one of their private banking members?

I have to say, I've signed up for a number of online banking accounts with the big 4, and St George's internet and mobile banking beats them all hands down. I've been begging St George for the past 2 years to introduce a card with a better reward scheme than the existing Amplify, and I'm excited to see that's exactly what they've done. I can only hope enough of you all sign up for it that it proves to be a worthwhile investment for them.

Hi ps_abbrev, I couldn't agree more, the internet banking with St George is excellent quality.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been telling them that the current Amplify card is not good enough compared to the other FF cards out there. The new signature card is a big improvement.

They do offer private banking, we had quite a large loan to start with and they offered it to us and they have been very helpful. It wouldn't hurt to ask them if you're interested. Best wishes,
Mark

Hi ps_abbrev, I couldn't agree more, the internet banking with St George is excellent quality.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been telling them that the current Amplify card is not good enough compared to the other FF cards out there. The new signature card is a big improvement.

They do offer private banking, we had quite a large loan to start with and they offered it to us and they have been very helpful. It wouldn't hurt to ask them if you're interested. Best wishes,
Mark

I was secretly hoping for a 1:1 dollar:points ratio but hopefully this paves the way towards improvements down the track.

I don't think at 25 I'm ready for the loan that qualifies for private banking (from memory it's ~$1m?). We are looking at more the 700 mark. What does private banking do though? How is it different?

I was secretly hoping for a 1:1 dollar:points ratio but hopefully this paves the way towards improvements down the track.

I don't think at 25 I'm ready for the loan that qualifies for private banking (from memory it's ~$1m?). We are looking at more the 700 mark. What does private banking do though? How is it different?
Not much really for me at this stage, I don't think you are missing out on anything. The main benefit is one single point of contact to email and ask questions. If they are good, they get to know your situation well and can help with whatever you want from the bank & make things easier. There is no magic though in my experience.
If you have lots of spare cash to invest they can help with that & offer opportunities that aren't freely available, but that's more for once the mortgage is paid off in most cases.

Interesting card, primarily because it can transfer to MH. Aside from that & perhaps the lounge passes, doesn't the citi signature trump it in every way?

Except of course for the customer service.

Interesting card, primarily because it can transfer to MH. Aside from that & perhaps the lounge passes, doesn't the citi signature trump it in every way?

Except of course for the customer service.

Not familiar with the Citi signature, but I imagine the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum with a ratio of 1:1 trumps the St George card. As you say; I prefer St George's customer service and also; their online and mobile banking.

Given that my HSBC card at $199 pa offers 2 Q passes per year (that I have no use for) and earns 1 point per $ to AFF I don't see this card as good value for me. I give my passes away but you can get ~ $100 for them.

Wouldn't the NAB Virgin Platinum card for $150 fee be better value, or the fee free for life Signature card from Citibank?

For $279 the earn rate is pretty sad

I can't see any interest free period listed against this card. Does that mean the interest is charged immediately?

ETA: Ok I can see it ticked on their comparison table. Move along folks...

Wouldn't the NAB Virgin Platinum card for $150 fee be better value, or the fee free for life Signature card from Citibank?

For $279 the earn rate is pretty sad

I think for those who will get it free with their home loan will welcome it.

Also those that use MH as their airline of choice may be interested (I am somewhat interested) as it's a non amex with half reasonable earn rates (better than altitude, but not fantastic)
Aside from that, the citi signature free for life does trump it in annual fee (free) earn rates (1:1, SQ, VA, QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back