New Option for Plat Credit Card - Free Hotel night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Features of Card:
A free Qantas domestic economy return flight each year to select destinations with no additional fees, taxes or surcharges, or a free night’s stay in a hotel from a range of hotel partners, including Hilton Hotels, Mirvac Hotels, Peppers Hotels and Resorts or Sheraton Hotels3

3. Terms and Conditions apply. All flights are subject to availability and neither American Express nor Qantas guarantee that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Flight Offer Conditions, Qantas Fare Conditions and Qantas Conditions of Carriage. No Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be awarded for travel on these flights.Hotel night stay is subject to availability and in some instances blackout dates may apply.

Still looking for more information!

Ok, can't find an updated PDS or anything else that gives more conditions as to the free night.

Still it sounds good on the surface, especially since a lot of hotels in Australia are around the $300/night mark during the week these days. If anyone finds anything ...

As per our discussion last night with the lovely lady from AMEX, uptake of the free flight offer is only a mere 11%; so this is the reason for offering hotels as well, they're hoping that by offering more flexibility in what you can redeem there would be a higher uptake.

Good on them, if it was my business (being as shrewd as I am) I'd just keep it as was :D

As per our discussion last night with the lovely lady from AMEX, uptake of the free flight offer is only a mere 11%; so this is the reason for offering hotels as well, they're hoping that by offering more flexibility in what you can redeem there would be a higher uptake.

Good on them, if it was my business (being as shrewd as I am) I'd just keep it as was :D
I thought Luisa said 18% but in any case it's still a very low percentage. I'm sure the idea of a free night would work well for some.

Personally I'll still use the flight.

I thought Luisa said 18% but in any case it's still a very low percentage. I'm sure the idea of a free night would work well for some.

Personally I'll still use the flight.

I remembered it being 11%, and the 18% was another statistic. Whichever it was, it certainly surprised me it was so low. For me it is my whole justification for the fee.

(this from somone who is reading through the documents on the plat charge card after some of her comments on the product. I may be sold on it yet :) )

(this from somone who is reading through the documents on the plat charge card after some of her comments on the product. I may be sold on it yet :) )
Me three :!: :shock: :confused:

Before last night I never thought I'd say that though.

Any features in particular ?

Richard.
(Currently have Qantas Ultimate Amex, intending to change to Platinum Credit soon)

18% is the number of Oz Amex card holders who have no other credit/charge card - Simply preferring not to utilize institutions that do not take Amex!

I do not recall an 11% figure being mentioned at all; perhaps it was discussed in one of the table to table conversations that I may not have been a party to.

18% is the number of Oz Amex card holders who have no other credit/charge card - Simply preferring not to utilize institutions that do not take Amex!

I do not recall an 11% figure being mentioned at all; perhaps it was discussed in one of the table to table conversations that I may not have been a party to.

That's correct, it was when Luisa wandered over to our table.

PS. Hi Luisa, we know you're reading :cool: (and make sure my application I put in last week for the Plat card is approved! :D)

I'm happy to stand corrected.

Luisa,
When are we going to see you on line :?: :D

.... and Phil for that matter.

I still can't find an updated PDS on the website - and yep, I know where and how to search for obscure items :) There are copies of older versions available, but nothing since late 2006 that I can find.

If someone happens to call Amex in the next couple of days, could you request a new copy of the PDS, and give us the juicy details?

In my case, it was around the insurance benefits
oz_mark,

Do you know what additional insurance benefits does the Charge Card offers over the Credit Card :?:

,,, or maybe this is a chance for Luisa to answer with her first post :!: :cool:

oz_mark,

Do you know what additional insurance benefits does the Charge Card offers over the Credit Card :?:

I will have the check the PDS, but from memory the limits are higher for Charge, but there aren't any additional categories covered.

I need to check into it a bit more, but from what I gather, the insurance with the Platinum Charge Card was closer to what you are offered if buying insurance.

when they release the hotel list can someone post up? i called last week and he was happy for me to say a hotel name and he'd tell me if it were on the list but wasn't willing to email me the list (said it'd be released shortly)

I need to check into it a bit more, but from what I gather, the insurance with the Platinum Charge Card was closer to what you are offered if buying insurance.

Correct, higher limits and more events covered from my quick check.
I just applied to change my gold credit to platinum charge card, see if i really get the value of the additional extras and services.

E

Hotels will work far better for me as I've never been able to actualy take teh flight!
If they let me use WGA-SYD, then maybe i could have!

Kudos to teh clever marketing man who thought that up!

SHane

Wonder if you can book hotels outside Australia ?? hmmm :) would be even better if thats possible.
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back