New fee free QANTAS Prem Amex offer by March 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
Well I guess by now that most who want a QANTAS Amex Premium Card have one..

But if not there is a new offer out. The points bonus is less generous witha max of 7500 compared to the recent maximimums of 15-20K.

It is however free for the first year (remember that you can get similar with an Amex Maximser with an earn rate of 1.5).
Credit Cards - American Express Australia

There’s never been a better time to start earning points. Apply before March 22nd 2007 and get your first year free, saving you $195.
Enjoy an introductory offer of 5,000 points¹ the first time you use your Premium Card PLUS an extra 2,500 points¹ when you first use your Premium Card in Australia on selected Qantas services4
Two Qantas Club Invitations² every year when you first spend on your Premium Card in Australia on selected Qantas services4
Earn 1.25 Qantas Frequent Flyer points¹ for every dollar spent every day using your Premium Card
Earn 1 additional point¹ for every dollar spent on your Premium Card in Australia on selected Qantas services4
Automatic transfer of points to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account every month
Travel Insurance for travel within Australia and overseas³
Interest rate of 17.74

I'd say this deal is actually a bit better than the last one because you're not paying straight off for the bonus points. If you like the credit card you can keep it, or after 11 months you can kill it and avoid paying anything.
Is there any deal floating around to get the Reward Max without fees for the first year?

Last edited:
SeaWolf said:
I'd say this deal is actually a bit better than the last one because you're not paying straight off for the bonus points. ?

The last one I saw ending March 2,,,was free for a year....and you got upto 17500 points.

SeaWolf said:
Is there any deal floating around to get the Reward Max without fees for the first year?

I thought it was pretty standard...and always available ie
American Express Rewards Maximiser

An earn rate of 1.5 Membership Rewards™ points1 for every dollar spent2 is just one way the Rewards Maximiser Credit Card helps you get what you want sooner. You'll also enjoy:
  • No annual Card fee for the first year
  • A 1:1 transfer rate between Membership Rewards points and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points
  • Up to 55 days interest-free credit3
  • A 6.99% p.a. Balance Transfer rate for the first 6 months4, subject to our interest rate policy5
  • Automatic enrolment into American Express® Membership Rewards™. Voted Money's Best Rewards Program 2006, saving you $80 p.a.
  • No expiry date on your points as long as your account is current
  • Interest rate of 18.49% p.a.
  • No limit on the amount of points you can earn
http://www.americanexpress

SeaWolf said:
Not if you just navigate through their site from the front page. Where did that link come from?

???? Well last time admittedly I was in my Amex area....

However (as I have in the past) I have now gone onto Amex without logging in...looked for card types and get
Financial Features:
  • First year free then $192 p.a. (Annual Card Fee and automatic enrolment into Membership Rewards Ascent)
  • An interest rate of 18.49% p.a.
  • Transfer your outstanding balances to a competitive rate
  • Earn points faster with Supplementary Cards for your partner or family members

Rewards Maximiser Gold Credit Card - American Express Australia

I have done similar in the past...and have always seen the fee free for first year when I have checked the fine print....so I cannot explain why you get a view that wants payment for the first year for the Maximiser Card.

SeaWolf said:
Not if you just navigate through their site from the front page. Where did that link come from?

I have never seen anything but the first year free on the Amex site for the Maximiser.

Ok, I'm clearly not paying attention to what's right in front of me. However, AMEX offers confuse me, they're like a revolving door. The 17,500 point offer is back again:
Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Qantas American Express Card
Until 30th of April. Why run these two deals at the same time?
I guess they're just hoping some people won't notice and will sign up for less points.

They really are promoting the premium card, one wonders if they may have fallen short of achieving a target or something

SeaWolf said:
. Why run these two deals at the same time?
I guess they're just hoping some people won't notice and will sign up for less points.

They often have concurrent offers going.

There would be different reasons:

1/ I think in part due to their sheer size...and the number of potential clients.

2/ Due them use different vehicles for various offers (ie Newpapers, Aiport offers, different websites etc etc)

3/ Their wanting to spread the load on their resources sop that a continual stream of new members is (won & ) processed.

As to why the offer varies...in terms of sometimes the fee is waived and sometimes not...and in terms of the amount of bonus points...who knows...but I gueess different offers manage to prize different customers..

SeaWolf said:
Ok, I'm clearly not paying attention to what's right in front of me. However, AMEX offers confuse me, they're like a revolving door. The 17,500 point offer is back again:
Frequent Flyer - Earning Points - Qantas American Express Card
Until 30th of April. Why run these two deals at the same time?

Thanks for the link Sea Wolf,

Where did it come from?

After going though the Amex and QF sites I can't find it? I missed out last time on this offer and would like to apply for the card. 17,000 points is great, however I am most concerned that it takes me to a site for my personal details that has as part of its URL WWW66.americanexpress etc. I am not a computer wiz, but is this safe? It apperas to be a non locked site?

Perhaps you or others can let me know if it is so,

Thks all,

Tonybne

Actually, it's the old link from the previous offer. I clicked it and found it had been updated.

I'm using Firefox and when I click on the link it certainly shows up as being secured, so I'm confident the site is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back