New Diner's MyDinersClub account management site

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

Went to the Diner's site today to log in and was pleasantly surprised to see they have implemented a new online service for managing your account...

It is trying to be what Amex has just done so well, however it seems to have typical Diner's style implementation so you will need to create a new login, give a thousand new details and even then your spend is likely to be miscategorised and your statements not available.

Certainly a move in the right direction however, and this might assist with some of the frustrations such as the SPG confusion a few people have had when trying to redeem points, as it appears that you will be able to redeem points online.

I can't check this as I'm waiting for points from my first statement to post - apparently they only post after you pay each statement...

Anyway, this will give Diner's something to put in their response to my feedback letter that laid out to them everything that was wrong with their business... :p

It's certainly better than the old site, the spend analyzer does take a bit to load. Note if your billing cycle ends on the 18th of the month, the points for that month will post on the 18th of the following month.

Having had the DC+MC combo for six months, I'm still not sure that I'm convinced about retaining them when the next annual fee is due. I get better travel insurance on another card of mine which has no annual fee, and I'm not sure a couple of lounge visits and the points are worth the $389.

It doesn't yet work via Firefox (I get transferred to the Diners Club International home page). I tried the new site on Internet Explorer and got a down for maintenance message.

It doesn't yet work via Firefox (I get transferred to the Diners Club International home page). I tried the new site on Internet Explorer and got a down for maintenance message.

I had similar problems yesterday; this morning tried again and found they have reverted to the old system! Well, that was a great success...:rolleyes:

I had similar problems yesterday; this morning tried again and found they have reverted to the old system! Well, that was a great success...:rolleyes:

And you need your old password to login too!

So it appears they are two separate portals....

I too had to go to the old portal and login with old details :(

Interesting that the fancy video etc regarding the new page comes up, however this text 'Please note: Online Transaction Summary (MyDinersClub) is currently unavailable whilst being upgraded. We appreciate your patience during this time.' is hidden away in all the marketing guff about the new site!!

Classic Diners that their system crashes under the weight of all 50 of its Australian cardholders trying to access the system...

So it appears they are two separate portals....

I too had to go to the old portal and login with old details :(

Interesting that the fancy video etc regarding the new page comes up, however this text 'Please note: Online Transaction Summary (MyDinersClub) is currently unavailable whilst being upgraded. We appreciate your patience during this time.' is hidden away in all the marketing guff about the new site!!

Classic Diners that their system crashes under the weight of all 50 of its Australian cardholders trying to access the system...

lol.
i haven't seen the new site yet
got a fancy mail out, plus the information on the web site, but so far tisall

What a spectacular fail.... Meant to begin 13 January and after working that morning it has been down all week!!

Just another example of Diner's shooting themselves in the foot

Yes typical Diners efficiency.Though I have been able to transfer DC points to SPG online with the old set up-however only in about 1 in 3 of the times I attempt it.

What a spectacular fail.... Meant to begin 13 January and after working that morning it has been down all week!!

Just another example of Diner's shooting themselves in the foot

It's pretty amateurish. It certainly doesn't inspire confidence about what is going on behind the scenes on the other aspects of your card.

yep, for me the old pages are still there. There's a flashy video and you click to log in and all that's there is the bare bones old site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back