New CPA Platinum Credit Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbo

For those who would care, CPA has finally joined the others (CA, AMA, Law Soc) in providing an Amex Platinum Credit Card. $295 standard discount stuff. I'll change mine to that when my annual fee comes round!

I had an offer like that appx 2 years ago. Unless this is a relaunch, I'd stick to my contention that there is little point having an AMEX where appx 50% of retailers don't like them.

EDIT:

However, I'd like to know what do they mean by "Platinum Priority 24/7" because on their website (AMEX), they said "NO" on Concierge services.

Most platinum card offers this feature. To be fair however, very few give one free return flight per year.

Cheers

Alex

aasz1978 said:
I had an offer like that appx 2 years ago. Unless this is a relaunch, I'd stick to my contention that there is little point having an AMEX where appx 50% of retailers don't like them.

EDIT:

However, I'd like to know what do they mean by "Platinum Priority 24/7" because on their website (AMEX), they said "NO" on Concierge services.

Most platinum card offers this feature. To be fair however, very few give one free return flight per year.

Cheers

Alex

most serious points earners will have both an amex and a visa/mastercard. use the amex whereever possible (earning 1.5 points per dollar) and the visa/mastercard where the amex is not accepted.

whilst 30 or 50% of places may not accept amex, i find that most big places where i spend most of my money take amex, thus i can put 80% of my value of purchases on amex and 20% on visa/mastercard.

I asked about this, and was told that they have a dedicated Platinum Credit Card servicing team, based in Sydney, which is apparently made up of their more experienced people. You can call 24/7 and you'll be routed to this team.

No more Indian call centre and no more having to call during business hours (I always felt awkward talking about my finances when coworkers could overhear)

Nobby said:
I asked about this, and was told that they have a dedicated Platinum Credit Card servicing team, based in Sydney, which is apparently made up of their more experienced people. You can call 24/7 and you'll be routed to this team.

No more Indian call centre and no more having to call during business hours (I always felt awkward talking about my finances when coworkers could overhear)

Oh.... just a customer service hotline. I thought it would be like a quasi-concierge service.

Interesting, $295 to have a non-indian call centre but I should see $295 as for paying the yearly free return travel.

I can see some value in this card but I think I'll wait till CPA offers it via snail mail as they often do.

Interestingly, 5.99% is currently offered for balance transfer for the life of the balance transferred.

I got the CPA offer yesterday. I have completed it and will be posting today. That means that I will not be renewing my CBA Platinum later this year.

BTW, someone in this board provided a link to a page in AMEX website, where you could enter the merchants that you use who do not accept AMEX. I sent the details of my son's school. They have started accepting AMEX from the next term. Not sure if it was just coincidence. But now the whole fees goes on to my AMEX gold (which will be Plat soon.

arun said:
I sent the details of my son's school. They have started accepting AMEX from the next term. Not sure if it was just coincidence. But now the whole fees goes on to my AMEX gold (which will be Plat soon.
Yes, school fees can be a good litle points earner with a 1.5 multiplier on the right Amex cards!

arun said:
BTW, someone in this board provided a link to a page in AMEX website, where you could enter the merchants that you use who do not accept AMEX. I sent the details of my son's school. They have started accepting AMEX from the next term. Not sure if it was just coincidence. But now the whole fees goes on to my AMEX gold (which will be Plat soon.

Fair dinkum?

For those who would care, CPA has finally joined the others (CA, AMA, Law Soc) in providing an Amex Platinum Credit Card. $295 standard discount stuff. I'll change mine to that when my annual fee comes round!

Law Society members (for whatever reason) only get offered AMEX Gold and not the platinum, I can only assume the average lawyer doesn't earn enough? :(

I got my CPA AMEX Platinum with 4 days of applying. It is indeed a beauty. The Citibank and CBA Platinum cards looked more like "Silver". But this one is quite flashy. At least the check out girl at the local pharmac_ marvelled at it!!!!

aasz1978 said:

It's the standard Platinum Credit Card, but at a discounted $295 annual fee. However, a flight from Sydney to Perth or similar for just the $295 annual fee is a pretty good deal, when they also throw in most other insurances and 1.5 AMEX points per dollar (which you can get on the Rewards Maximiser for $195/year now, without a lot of the other benefits!)

Does anyone have a place that a poor bunny like me can get the card for $295 rather than the full cost :?:

The CPA offer came through CPA. Unlike the rental car scheme (where you can quote a "borrowed" CPD#), I do not think there is a way to get this card if you do not belong to these societies.

arun said:
The CPA offer came through CPA. Unlike the rental car scheme (where you can quote a "borrowed" CPD#), I do not think there is a way to get this card if you do not belong to these societies.

.....and the $100 extra is probably cheaper than joining, even if I could :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back