New CPA Platinum Credit Card.

Discussion in 'American Express Rewards' started by morbo, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. morbo

morbo Junior Member

Jun 3, 2005
    For those who would care, CPA has finally joined the others (CA, AMA, Law Soc) in providing an Amex Platinum Credit Card. $295 standard discount stuff. I'll change mine to that when my annual fee comes round!
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. aasz1978

aasz1978 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    I had an offer like that appx 2 years ago. Unless this is a relaunch, I'd stick to my contention that there is little point having an AMEX where appx 50% of retailers don't like them.

EDIT:

However, I'd like to know what do they mean by "Platinum Priority 24/7" because on their website (AMEX), they said "NO" on Concierge services.

Most platinum card offers this feature. To be fair however, very few give one free return flight per year.

Cheers

Alex

3. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    most serious points earners will have both an amex and a visa/mastercard. use the amex whereever possible (earning 1.5 points per dollar) and the visa/mastercard where the amex is not accepted.

whilst 30 or 50% of places may not accept amex, i find that most big places where i spend most of my money take amex, thus i can put 80% of my value of purchases on amex and 20% on visa/mastercard.

4. Nobby

Nobby Intern

Nov 18, 2005
    Sydney
    I asked about this, and was told that they have a dedicated Platinum Credit Card servicing team, based in Sydney, which is apparently made up of their more experienced people. You can call 24/7 and you'll be routed to this team.

No more Indian call centre and no more having to call during business hours (I always felt awkward talking about my finances when coworkers could overhear)

5. aasz1978

aasz1978 Member

Jan 12, 2005

6. arun

arun Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Sydney
    I got the CPA offer yesterday. I have completed it and will be posting today. That means that I will not be renewing my CBA Platinum later this year.

BTW, someone in this board provided a link to a page in AMEX website, where you could enter the merchants that you use who do not accept AMEX. I sent the details of my son's school. They have started accepting AMEX from the next term. Not sure if it was just coincidence. But now the whole fees goes on to my AMEX gold (which will be Plat soon.

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes, school fees can be a good litle points earner with a 1.5 multiplier on the right Amex cards!

8. aasz1978

aasz1978 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Fair dinkum?

9. TonyB

TonyB Intern

Mar 20, 2006
    Perth
    For those who would care, CPA has finally joined the others (CA, AMA, Law Soc) in providing an Amex Platinum Credit Card. $295 standard discount stuff. I'll change mine to that when my annual fee comes round!

Law Society members (for whatever reason) only get offered AMEX Gold and not the platinum, I can only assume the average lawyer doesn't earn enough? :(

10. arun

arun Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Sydney
    I got my CPA AMEX Platinum with 4 days of applying. It is indeed a beauty. The Citibank and CBA Platinum cards looked more like "Silver". But this one is quite flashy. At least the check out girl at the local pharmacy marvelled at it!!!!

11. beardoc

beardoc Established Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It's the standard Platinum Credit Card, but at a discounted $295 annual fee. However, a flight from Sydney to Perth or similar for just the $295 annual fee is a pretty good deal, when they also throw in most other insurances and 1.5 AMEX points per dollar (which you can get on the Rewards Maximiser for $195/year now, without a lot of the other benefits!)

12. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Does anyone have a place that a poor bunny like me can get the card for $295 rather than the full cost :?:

13. arun

arun Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Sydney
    The CPA offer came through CPA. Unlike the rental car scheme (where you can quote a "borrowed" CPD#), I do not think there is a way to get this card if you do not belong to these societies.

14. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    .....and the $100 extra is probably cheaper than joining, even if I could :!: