Card Promotions New ANZ Frequent Flyer Black 130,000 points & $255 back

get me outta here

Qantas
LT Silver
Be good if anyone can confirm a*o points paid, esp on sign on bonus. fingers crossed.
Happy to get a PM if preferred to keep it btw us.

FishFood

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
Is the discounted Qantas Club membership worthwhile? I have a fair stack of lounge vouchers and will get 2 more with the card

Coops1

Haven’t seen this posted on these forums, only on Ozbargain etc. Existing ANZ customers via an online login can get 160,000 QFF points (after $3000 spend) and $225 back on annual fee. Just applied and approved, easy process. If not an existing customer, open a savings account to get access to the offer!

NoName

Established Member
I took up this offer about a month ago. Had an issue with them not identifying me as an existing customer even though I indicated that I was and after logging in during the application process the system automatically populated my existing home loan information. For some reason they created a new profile and I had to ring to have it fixed up. Have just made the spend requirement so hoping the 160k QF points post without issue. Not confident given other recent issues I have had with ANZ.

lalaland

Intern
I took up this offer about a month ago. Had an issue with them not identifying me as an existing customer even though I indicated that I was and after logging in during the application process the system automatically populated my existing home loan information. For some reason they created a new profile and I had to ring to have it fixed up. Have just made the spend requirement so hoping the 160k QF points post without issue. Not confident given other recent issues I have had with ANZ.
I'm just wored about opening an account to only get rejected.

They were a pain last time I applied!

Coops1

I'm just wored about opening an account to only get rejected.

They were a pain last time I applied!

Just a reminder of the 12 months cooling off for the Qantas or Rewards cards. Eg no bonus points.

On my reckoning, with a simple PAYG and a good/great credit score, with minimal cards/limits, it’s not usually an issue. When people start on about having to cancel cards with a 50k limit, expect issues.

jpp42

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Just a reminder of the 12 months cooling off for the Qantas or Rewards cards. Eg no bonus points.

Can you expand on this? My previous ANZ card which I closed at the end of 2021, was ANZ Rewards Black

The T&C for the one I'm considering applying for now , ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum (
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platnium )

Offer not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months.

It specifically only lists the Frequent Flyer cards and not the Rewards card as disqualifying cards.

Has anyone churned from Rewards to FF in less than 12 months and can comment on this?

Scr77

Established Member
I can confirm that the exclusion period for Rewards and Qantas frequent flyer cards are separate. From memory, the Travel Adventure card was also separate, but I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

asterix

We've used rentalcover.com before and made a claim for a cracked windscreen. Paid $11.19 for the one day policy and they paid $1250 for the cost of the replacement windscreen. We didn't see the crack when we returned the vehicle, nor did we see a stone cause the crack during our driving. It was raining and there were no staff present at the return point at Avalon Airport.

NoName

Established Member

Seems I had nothing to fear. 160k bonus points slated to be credited at the end of the next statement period. Very happy with the efficiency here and although I will still cancel the card fairly soon, I’ll be back again once the sit out period is complete. :)