New Amex statement credits

Something's going on with the offers right now. On web they're varyingly showing as "no offers available" or "available to save" (when I've already saved them). On mobile just "no offers".

but does anyone know if they've stopped selling physical gift cards and/or decided to affirmatively hide them when there's an Amex Offer?
Last time I was in Melbourne CBD I had to go up a few floors to find any.

Yes, I got to go back to the same Myer this afternoon (Doncaster VIC) and found gift cards on a single stand next to a single register on a floor other than the ones I was able to visit yesterday. Also the Coles Myer ones were on the rear side and hard to access.

Something's going on with the offers right now. On web they're varyingly showing as "no offers available" or "available to save" (when I've already saved them). On mobile just "no offers".
Seems to happen from time to time in my experience.

For the Mariott/Hilton cashback offer which says in store only. What are the chances of getting a cashback if booking a flexible rate and call up their reservation desk to charge it? Anyone tried this before? Only reason I’m thinking about this is I’ll be staying at the hotel later in the year which is past the offer period.

you could try but a lot of the time they don't put it thru happed to me in Sydney IHG
they said they understood but they did not
maybe tell them it HAS to be charged now as there is an offer on then they may

For the Mariott/Hilton cashback offer which says in store only. What are the chances of getting a cashback if booking a flexible rate and call up their reservation desk to charge it? Anyone tried this before? Only reason I’m thinking about this is I’ll be staying at the hotel later in the year which is past the offer period.
In the past Hilton has a form that needs to be submitted for pre payment. I have done this without any issues and received the credit.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back