New [Amex] statement credits | Page 386 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New [Amex] statement credits

kyanar

Flights
My Map
For those saying the offers tab is missing from their account, apparently back in May Amex did some internal credit reviews of accounts (COVID, after all). They didn't tell anyone about those reviews, and the unfortunate side effect is that according to them all cards held by a member who is subject to a credit review are blacklisted from Amex Offers for six months, and can only enrol in offers with a manual enrolment link.

burmans

Flights
My Map
What triggers a credit review?
You may not have noticed by Amex have the right and frequently use it to review your credit file each month so they may be aware of you applying for new credit. Do it too often and they may think you are at risk of default.

kyanar

Flights
My Map
You may not have noticed by Amex have the right and frequently use it to review your credit file each month so they may be aware of you applying for new credit. Do it too often and they may think you are at risk of default.
Basically this. They check your file monthly as an automated process to feed their algorithm which determines their desired "total credit exposure" to you (i.e. if you hold multiple cards, the maximum amount across all of them that they're willing to lend - if any of those are charge cards it's the credit limit they say you don't have). If they see anything which the system thinks is a risk, it goes for human review. It's that human review that cuts off offers.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I am also missing points for this offer. Has anyone raised it with Amex? If so,what was their response?
I sat down last night to compile a full list of missing points (shortfall bonus from offer start plus missing end June/early July) and plan to contact Amex today, after morning activities.

I previously contacted Amex about offer start shortfalls & was told "we are aware, it will be sorted". It wasn't.

ADLhighflyer

Flights
My Map
I am also missing points for this offer. Has anyone raised it with Amex? If so,what was their response?
I messaged them via the online chat and was asked to wait the full 90 days or something before they could add it manually if the points weren't allocated automatically per the t's and c's

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back

digiDIRECT

Spend $150 or more, get $20 back

The Athlete's Foot

Spend $120 or more, get $15 back

iHerb

Spend $300 or more, get $60 back

La Mer Online

Spend $200 or more, get $30 back

Adidas Online

fantastikforce

Whilst not exactly a statement credit, I have received an email from Amex about a complimentary year of Calm premium membership worth $79.99.

Offer is open to both primary and additional card holders until 31 October 2020.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Whilst not exactly a statement credit, I have received an email from Amex about a complimentary year of Calm premium membership worth $79.99.

Offer is open to both primary and additional card holders until 31 October 2020.
just be careful with this,

I clicked ok to the email, and its intelligently subscribed my email and put me on a recurring subscription,
I just wanted to see what it was all about, and this was even before I installed the app

had to install the app, and login and cancel the subscription,
there was no charge or preauth charge either,

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnamon