New [Amex] statement credits | Page 355 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

New [Amex] statement credits

Gold Member

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I wonder if Qantas is willing or able to enforce the routing/origin/destination restrictions for this rebate. The online payment is instantaneous, and therefore any spend over $800 theoretically would qualify. But Qantas may have a back channel to Amex to confirm qualifying rebates. Seems like a bit of a hassle but I wouldn’t put it past them.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I wonder if Qantas is willing or able to enforce the routing/origin/destination restrictions for this rebate. The online payment is instantaneous, and therefore any spend over $800 theoretically would qualify. But Qantas may have a back channel to Amex to confirm qualifying rebates. Seems like a bit of a hassle but I wouldn’t put it past them.
I think there's enough detail sent to Amex for Amex to work it out.

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Is that a targeter offer as I don't have any offer on my plat charge card
It's targeted. I've got it on my Edge but not my other cards. And when I go to add it I just get an error. ☹

deka2

AFF Supporter
If I remember correctly either last year or the year before it was just after midnight 31st October.

tinkybelle

Qantas
Platinum
webjet deal 10% back to $100
does anyone have any coupon codes? otherwise not worth it with the extra charges
LS
Save the offer to your eligible Card and spend on eligible purchases, online or in-app at Webjet by 26/11/2019 to receive one 10% credit, up to a maximum of $100. Limited to the first 15,000 Cards to save the offer. Exclusions apply.
OFFER TERMS

• Offer valid for payments made in Australian Dollars online at webjet.com.au or in-app via the Webjet app.
  • Flights, hotels or packages are eligible purchases for the offer. Insurance products purchased in the same transaction as flights, hotels or packages are also eligible purchases for the offer.

SydneySwan

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
LT Silver
New offers;

New Balance 80 / 20
Matt Blatt 500 / 65

Jacques Vert

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Yes they do have a few stores in larger centres. Never had any problems with them when I have bought online
I'll need to find a store as my feet are not the easiest to fit.

risaka

Intern
Flights
My Map
Would booking a classic reward returm flight to SIN/LAX qualify for the cashback? Assuming the surcharges are greater than $800+

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
There's a current AMEX cashback offer for Zanui. Be warned:

"Online furniture and homeware marketplace Zanui is calling for “urgent expressions of interest for the business” after it entered voluntary administration, leaving many of its customers in the lurch. "

I think it poor form that AMEX still has the deal listed on their website:

Last edited:

tinkybelle

Qantas
Platinum
that qantas deal states you cant book thru a travel agent so seems you can only do direct booking at qantas.com
what a crap offer that is

AFF on Air Podcast

• HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishart