New [Amex] statement credits | Page 354 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

New [Amex] statement credits

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Aaaand watching this thread once again after receiving my shiny new amex (again) :)
Welcome back. Just in time for small shop.

Don't forget about the personalised Woolworths offers that will also come your way with a new card.

Last edited:

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I think you've just done two transactions to get to the spend threshold for one credit.

In this 'game', a split transaction is where you pay for your purchase with two or more Amex cards to trigger the credit on each card.
Preciesly what I did at Kathmandu last night. Split payment across eight cards to maximise cash back.

Blackswan

Just used the MyCar offer. My service was $300. I asked if there was anyway they could increase it to $350 (there didn't appear to be any retail items available for sale).

The mechanic looked surprised, and said "sure - I'll bump up the labour so it comes to $350 exactly".

Effectively a $30 cashback (instead of $80) - but better than a kick in the teeth.

foggy

if anyone is interested in Lulu Lemon, they do sell gift cards which can be loaded to $140 value. Gift cards NEVER expire and can be used worldwide! Which is the first gift card i've ever come across that is accepted worldwide. I'm assuming currency conversions would suck. The Mrs has been stocking up, told her to wait for a cashback bonus and/or sale before using it.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Multiple offers today:

1) FORZIERI: Spend $375 get $75

2) UME Burger: Spend $45 get $15

3) Just Wines: Spend $80 get $20

4) Farfetch: Spend $300 get $60

5) Zomp: Spend $200 get $40

mini2

Mycar don't sell gift cards, they've even stopped accepting CM gift cards a little while ago. Somehow they've still accepting Flybuys. The store i went to will happily split the charge over multiple cards.

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Received a welcome offer of spend $20 at PayPal and get $5 back (up to 2 times).

This is in addition to the following welcome offers I have received in the first 5 weeks of a new card:

Spend $10 get $5 back at Woolworths
Spend $30 and get $5 back at Uber (up to 2 times)

NoName

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Also got the PayPal offer on Mrs NoName’s DJs Amex as well as a supp card linked to it. Did not appear on my DJs platinum.

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Received a welcome offer of spend $20 at PayPal and get $5 back (up to 2 times).

This is in addition to the following welcome offers I have received in the first 5 weeks of a new card:

Spend $10 get $5 back at Woolworths
Spend $30 and get $5 back at Uber (up to 2 times)
I also got the same offers on my platinum card.

daft009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I got the cityrail Sydney credit, get 40% back. Just in time as going to the airport tomorrow

Reactions: kpc

Steady

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
There is an UBER spend $30 get $10 offer on my Edge today - if anyone sees a manual link I would love to register an additional card.

Blackswan

There is an UBER spend $30 get $10 offer on my Edge today - if anyone sees a manual link I would love to register an additional card.
It states that Ubereats is excluded - but would appreciate the results if anyone gives it a go.

RB

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Uber offer was oversubscribed by the time I read my email (about 11am)

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Spend $79 or more, get $15 back
Naked Wines

Spend $250 or more, get $50 back
Zamel's

Spend $500 or more, get $50 back
George's Cameras

Spend $600 or more, get $100 back
NET-A-PORTER

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paa