NAB Qantas Plat Card - Is this the best ff earner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAX_1

With a current spend of over $560,000 , I have been using a Amex Gold Card ($200,000), a CBA Plat Visa Card ($180,000) and a CBA Plat M/Card ($180,000).
This year I reached the CBA cap of 150,000 for each card by end of October. Two months of spend with no points earn.
Total points earned 500,000 points costing Annual fees of about $800.
If I keep the same cards for next year.the Qff points earned on the same spend will be approx 400,000 points (Visa and M/Card 100,000 each and Amex 200,000 CBA cap alters to 200,000 reward points = 100,000 qff pts)

By cancelling the 2 CBA cards and the Amex card and applying for a NAB Qantas Platinum Card the current spend for me will yield approx 540,000 points and a saving of $510 on annual fees.

NAB Qantas Plat card is offering 2 points per $3 spend for the Visa Card and 1.5 points per $1 for the Amex card.

Are my details corerect?
Will NAB change the earn rate in the near future?
Are there any more attractive options out there?

Yes you won't find a card giving better points with no points cap.

You could risk Citibank Gold as they have a possible points restriction. ie. You do not automatically stop earning points when you reach the cap - someone has to notice and change your account. I earned millions of points over 2 or so years until my account was restricted from earning further points.

If you don't want the hassle of Citibank, then go for either Westpac or NAB Platinum. These both give the same points. In my opinion, NAB is better because Westpac have a few more restrictions (such as not earning points when you make BPAY payments from your credit card account).

And no one knows for sure if a card provider will change earning rates in the future. But NAB have been fairly good with not changing things, unlike CBA who have made many changes to their Platinum card. NAB was one of the first banks to issue a co-branded Amex card earning 1.5 points (Ant card).

One9 , I did consider Citibank Platinum. Apart from the cap at 120,000 points, the cost per annum was $250 plus a supplementary card from Mrs Max $90 , total $340. Nab has an annual fee of $290 and a free supplementary card.

Thanks for your comments.

No to convince NAB to give me a high limit will be the main hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back