NAB Credit Card Updates 1 October 2026

The crux of the argument is the wording “From 1 October 2026, eligible purchases processed by NAB on or after this date will earn points at the new rate, even if you made the purchase beforehand.” and that NAB statements write “Date Processed”. So to me, this indicates that transactions processed before 1st October should have points calculated under the old system.
I think the wording remains ambiguous in interpretation. The original is:

Can't a consumer reasonably interpret that as meaning the earn rate and cap in the part of the statement period preceding 1 Oct is unchanged? (And I think Bankwest, with similar changes, clarified that this interpretation did apply.)
Yes, I agree. It’s totally ambiguous if not misleading.

SYD+1 is going to complain. I’ll report back.
 
Wow they have updated transfer rate to SQ KF miles to 5:1. They didn't even announce it prior.

For completeness, 3:1 to Velocity, 12:1 to Accor, 330:1 to NZ Koru Airpoints.

Conversion Rates
NAB Rewards Personal credit cards
6,000 NAB Rewards Points = 2,000 Velocity Points
6,000 NAB Rewards Points = 1,200 KrisFlyer miles
6,000 NAB Rewards Points = 500 ALL Accor Reward points
6,600 NAB Rewards Points = 20 Airpoints

NAB Rewards Business Signature
credit cards
3,000 NAB Rewards Points
= 1,500 Velocity Poin
ts3,000 NAB Rewards Points = 1,000 KrisFlyer miles
3,000 NAB Rewards Points = 500 ALL Accor Reward points
3,000 NAB Rewards Points = 15 Airpoints

Wow; that's pathetic.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, for the NAB Travel Card (formerly NAB Rewards Signature Visa), you earn 1.5 NAB points per $ which coverts to 0.3 SQ points per $ for the first 10k per statement period and then 0.5 NAB points converting to 0.1 SQ points per $ over 10k per statement period. And I get charged $395 per year for this?

I was thinking of keeping this card for the Nil overseas transaction fees and the rental car excess insurance in Australia but I dare say it's headed for the bin.

Of course, finding something to replace it will be the challenge.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top