Multiple rewards accounts, the Amex website, and the new 2500 point fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
Hi guys,

I've got two rewards accounts (one linked to my corporate card, and one linked to my personal card). When trying to use the Amex website, I can only ever bring up the details of the first account listed (which is linked to my corporate card).

Attempting to use the little "drop down" list (or indeed, any other option) to bring up the details of my other accounts results in the page being reloaded, but with the details of my first account.

Does anyone else run in the same problem?

Now, with the new 2500 point fee for transfers/reward redemptions done by phone, it seems I have a problem if I want to use the points in my personal account :)

I'm about to write a letter to Amex (since there doesn't seem to be any other way of contacting them about this issue). Anyone tried anything so far that they've had success with?

Thanks

I'm in the same situation - one corporate charge card and one personal (QF) credit card, both linked to my AMEX online account.

The only time I've ever had a problem is when one card (usually the QF one, but sometimes the corporate one) shows "Unavailable". This is pretty rare though - once a fortnight maybe.

Apart from that, I can switch between cards no problems. Have you tried removing and re-adding the cards to the website? That may work.

Cheers,
- Febs.

I have exactly the same problem. Whichever account displays first is the only one you can get details for. Oddly enough it is not always the same account that displays first. You can select the other, but when the page refreshes its back to where you started.

I had a rant about this once when I completed a survey about the siite, and nothing has changed.

I only have 2 personal Amex accounts and they appear on the same page when I log in to the Amex website.

I am able to display the details of the particular account I have selected.

It is specific to the page where you view your rewards account status. I can find out as much as I like about any card. It is in viewing multiple rewards accounts where the problem occurs.

Having said that, the total points displayed during a redemption seems to reflect the total of the two accounts.

Last edited:
I have no issue with my rewards account (one corp and one personal). I can switch between the two quite easily - my biggest issue is trying to work out if oints have actually hit - there are three different totals and I never know which one his the right one ;)

simongr said:
I have no issue with my rewards account (one corp and one personal). I can switch between the two quite easily - my biggest issue is trying to work out if oints have actually hit - there are three different totals and I never know which one his the right one ;)

I had a bit of a look some more, and hvae determined the number that is being displayed as the total is some mysterious number plucked from somewhere.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the information provided. Seems that the issue doesn't affect everyone, but I'm not the only person affected.

I'll try removing/re-adding the account and see if that fixes things. If not, try speaking to Amex.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back