Mr Porter Amex Credit

So Amex took a benefit away, gave nothing in return, and you people put up with that?
Amex do that all the time. This benefit had an expiry date for end 2023 from near the start of it.
What do you expect us to do; are you funding the pitchforks on your Amex for the points?

They added prime benefit this year too. I’m not jumping off any rooftops because of a credit that barely covers the shipping with an overpriced company. The free soap for a few years was nice but other benefits come and go.

If the is the decider on a $1400 card then it’s probably not for you.

So Amex took a benefit away, gave nothing in return, and you people put up with that?
The benefit was in the form of an Amex “Offer”. Yes, this one lasted longer than usual, but Amex Offers come and go all the time.

I personally use the new Amazon Prime offer much more, and value it much more highly.

BTW the excellent $200+$200 restaurant credit offer will expire at the end of this year. I‘m sure in due course it’ll be replaced by something else.

So yes, more than happy to “put up with” this.

Amex took away the $400 travel credit on their Platinum Reserve card in 2021, took away the Mr Porter credit, and will take away the $400 restaurant credit if what you say is true. Why are people still applying for the Platinum card, many of them are asking for referrals in the Platinum thread. I'm trying to find reasons to apply for the card to get the sign up bonus, but am struggling.
The only way Amex will start adding more benefits is if less people apply, or more people cancel the card.

Great, dont sign up then.
There didn’t used to be a net a porter benefit to remove.
No dining credit to remove either.

Benefits come and go, if the card isn’t net positive for you then you really shouldn’t get it.

Benefits come and go, if the card isn’t net positive for you then you really shouldn’t get it.
I'm suggesting people should consider cancelling their card, to make Amex realise that they can't keep cutting benefits without consequences.

Yes, but that’s nonsense and ridiculous.
The card is still of value to many of us, esp those who are grandfathered on the reserve travel credit.

$850 travel credit and accor plus alone equal the annual fee of $1200 I pay. So why cancel because someone else is upset at losing a temporary benefit.

Once you’ve been around a while you’ll realise the game changes constantly. If you take your ball and leave every time you won’t have any game to play.

I guess the issue is that with Diners (I guess acceptance outside of the companion MC is very limited) in AU being shut down in 2 weeks, there's no other alternative if you want a charge card in our market and Amex know that. This is the only personal charge card (outside of the "business" offering) that can be applied for so if we want a charge card, we need to grin and bear it unfortunately.

Also true, though I’m not sure how many people are here just for a charge card tbh. It’s the points and benefits, I suspect only a small fraction care that it’s a charge card, and a slightly higher fraction even appreciate the difference

Amex took away the $400 travel credit on their Platinum Reserve card in 2021, took away the Mr Porter credit, and will take away the $400 restaurant credit if what you say is true. Why are people still applying for the Platinum card, many of them are asking for referrals in the Platinum thread. I'm trying to find reasons to apply for the card to get the sign up bonus, but am struggling.
The only way Amex will start adding more benefits is if less people apply, or more people cancel the card.
Particularly if you travel a lot, the card is still well and truly worth it: $450 travel credit, Accor Plus, Priority Pass, flexible points earning capacity and higher points earning rate, $400 dining credit (for this year), Amazon Prime (until the end of 2025), and various other offers that come and go that all add up.

If you don't travel much, it's hard to see how the card is worth it.

But just because the card doesn't add up for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't add up for others.

Particularly if you travel a lot, the card is still well and truly worth it: $450 travel credit, Accor Plus, Priority Pass, flexible points earning capacity and higher points earning rate, $400 dining credit (for this year), Amazon Prime (until the end of 2025), and various other offers that come and go that all add up.

If you don't travel much, it's hard to see how the card is worth it.

But just because the card doesn't add up for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't add up for others.
Absolutely One of the best travel cards out there! We also get Dropbox rebates and more The other regular credit offers have been lacklustre, but they are worth staying

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back