MR New Frequent Traveller Partner Redemption Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

exp1k

I just saw that Malaysia Airlines Enrich, Cathay Pacific Asiamiles and Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus now have a redemption rate of 1 mile for 1 MR point!
Previously it was 3 miles for 4 MR points.

Hi All,

Don't think it's been mentioned on here, but I just logged into my AMEX account and found that now 1MR gives you 1 Enrich, Thai ROP, Asiamiles and 1000 MR = 500 SPG points. It looks more attractive now!

Is this new?

Thanks,
K.

187000 MR points for a first class return flight to London in an A380 suite with almost guaranteed availability is certainly nothing to complain about :)

Does this change the 'value proposition' of any of these FF programmes?

Is the pope a catholic?

If suddenly you can get 10,000 pts for 10,000 MR points instead of 13,333 MR pts, thats going to change the value proposition. Looking at an example MEL-SIN return in J on QF it is now 80,000 pts instead 106,700 pts. This makes MR quite attractive compared to some of the QFF earning cards.

I guess transferring to CX Asiamiles is best? If one wants to travel QF J syd-sin for example. 80000 miles required.

While 500 SPG points for 1000 MR is still not very good, it gives the possibility to transfer points to almost any airline at a rate of 40000 MR = 25000 miles. That's 1.6 points/mile or almost 1 mile per dollar, provided the earn rate is 1.5 points per dollar.

While 500 SPG points for 1000 MR is still not very good, it gives the possibility to transfer points to almost any airline at a rate of 40000 MR = 25000 miles. That's 1.6 points/mile or almost 1 mile per dollar, provided the earn rate is 1.5 points per dollar.

... And a big change from 60,700 MR for 25K AA.

Posted on a wing & a prayer

While 500 SPG points for 1000 MR is still not very good....
it is better than the previous 330 SPG points for 1000 MR! Don't forget that if you TF 20K SPG pts to airlines, you often get 25K airline pts (a 5000 pt bonus). I see this is as a real enhancement. Also gives us a credit card that earns AA pts albeit indirectly via SPG. So if done correctly via SPG and TFs are made in multiples of 20K SPG pts, $1 spent on a 1.5 MR per $ earning AMEX card earns 0.9375 AA miles.

Go AMEX!

Now I can think about travelling CX J :) Previously I used VS Upper Class for 80000 miles return syd-hkg. Now I can get the same but better timing flexibility and a new CX J. But I have 170000 VS miles to burn first :) Probably do 2 X SYD-HKG-SYD Upper Class.....

Don't forget that if you TF 20K SPG pts to airlines, you often get 25K airline pts (a 5000 pt bonus). I see this is as a real enhancement. Also gives us a credit card that earns AA pts albeit indirectly via SPG. So if done correctly via SPG and TFs are made in multiples of 20K SPG pts, $1 spent on a 1.5 MR per $ earning AMEX card earns 0.9375 AA miles.

Isn't that what I wrote? ;)

it is better than the previous 330 SPG points for 1000 MR! Don't forget that if you TF 20K SPG pts to airlines, you often get 25K airline pts (a 5000 pt bonus). I see this is as a real enhancement. Also gives us a credit card that earns AA pts albeit indirectly via SPG. So if done correctly via SPG and TFs are made in multiples of 20K SPG pts, $1 spent on a 1.5 MR per $ earning AMEX card earns 0.9375 AA miles.

Go AMEX!

Isn't that what I wrote? ;)
Yes...but just explaining in detail how you came to that conclusion, and explaining to others how to maximise the TF to airline miles via SPG :)

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!

This is what I have been waiting for!

It looks like I will be redeeming OW airlines again! 45K for SYD-HKG on Y and 80K for J! Likewise for SYD-NRT (on QF/JL)!

With these kind of rates available, why would I redeem OW airlines on QFF program when I can do CX Asia Miles?

This makes QF even more of a ripoff ....

I would say to most AFFers who are OW lovers, CX 1:1 will be one of the best thing you see for a while.

Is the CX J on A333 good for SYD-HKG-SYD compared to VS Upper class? I think VS is on the A346 which is bigger than the A333

MH Enrich is also 1:1 ratio. Waiting for them to be in the OW mix :)

Yeah I was hoping it's indefinite not March only. Hopefully someone can confirm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back