Microsoft Flight Simulator to be released August 18th | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Microsoft Flight Simulator to be released August 18th

Gold Member

Established Member

I’ve been keeping my eye out out on this for almost a year since they announced its development. It looks great!

There are 3 different pricing tiers with varying aircraft and airports/scenery. I just hope it runs smoothly on a PC like the official videos show (which I expect are Xbox based). X-plane 11 is nice but way to resource hungry to turn up all the eye candy.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
The graphics and level of detail in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator game look incredible. Can't wait to try it out!

Now, if only it would run on a Mac...

Isochronous

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I remember when you could play this in the late 90s/early 2000s by typing in some secret code in Excel.

eric2011

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I had the 1st version of flight simulator back in about 1993 ish. Used to play it on a computer not much better than a commodore 64. Visually it wasnt too bad but would like to try it now on a new computer

clod

Intern
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Will crashes be nerfed though? Always disappointing to try some extreme flight heroism and have the aircraft just bounce off the planet or a bland screen freeze.

albatross710

Established Member
Looks like that's a big chink of JobKeeper/JobSeeker heading over to Microsoft.

Will be interesting to see the scenarios they present this time.

I always failed at the 747 test flight taking the aircraft out of desert storage. After a few tries I was able to recover the aircraft from the required stalls but then fell short on returning to base when the engines were failing.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Looks like that's a big chink of JobKeeper/JobSeeker heading over to Microsoft.

Will be interesting to see the scenarios they present this time.

I always failed at the 747 test flight taking the aircraft out of desert storage. After a few tries I was able to recover the aircraft from the required stalls but then fell short on returning to base when the engines were failing.
End of Sept will be the telling point, if your or an employer can keep it paying till Dec.
Probably some employers will be kicked off if they have bounced back that 30%.
Or the ATO finds out an employer has been hoodwinking their employees.
Back to the gist of the post/thread, I tried a sit in a box flight sim at the Adelaide Show or something, or was it a science fair, can't remember now, but it was a box contraption, like a gocart, was in the early 1990s, very basic, with a screen in front, with grip bars for yokes, and guess what, yep, I crashed that GA (gen aviation) plane.
Also tried a flightsim chopper/helicopter thing, yep, also crashed.
Now I am just the back seat wannabe pilot.