Metal Platinum card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haplo

Just received this from Amex Merchant Services, to do with the new metal card

Transacting with the new Platinum Card

Made from metal, you'll find the Card Member details laser-etched on the front of the Card and the Card Number and 'Valid Thru' details displayed on the back.

Both current plastic and new metal Platinum Cards will continue to be valid for use, and the cost of acceptance will be the same across all American Express Cards.

There are two important changes to note when transacting with the new metal Platinum Card.

Contactless pay: Please make sure that the front side of the Card is facing upwards or the transaction may not be processed.

Manual transactions: The Card number (found on the back of the Card), Card Member's name and expiry date will need to be written on the Record of Charge instead of the imprinter.

Please share this information with your staff when accepting the new Platinum Card.

Metal?!

Might have to accidentally lose my current plastic card (although the front is starting to peel off, so maybe I'll just say it's failing anyway) :D

Metal?!

Might have to accidentally lose my current plastic card (although the front is starting to peel off, so maybe I'll just say it's failing anyway) :D

It's easy enough to just get one as a supplementary card unless you've already got four of those...

It's easy enough to just get one as a supplementary card unless you've already got four of those...

Just one supp that I use to separate business expenses (A/C card).

Turns out you can call and request a metal card though!

Rang up and ordered a metal card today. Will arrive in 3-5 business days !

Usually when I have a credit card, my wallet ends up figuratively lighter after spending my hard earned, with the metal card though, my wallet will literally be heavier :D

My shiny new metal card is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The new card number was generated last night.

Good to note the contactless payment tip for the new card. I generally use Google Pay however for most contactless payments...

I hardly use the physical cards these days, all were loaded onto my phone, so it doesn’t master with or without metal, no different for me.

I hardly use the physical cards these days, all were loaded onto my phone, so it doesn’t master with or without metal, no different for me.

It's all about the status factor... then it might get transferred to Apple/Google/Samsung Pay and placed in the drawer once it loses its shine.
I'd definitely get a metal one for the sake of it, if I could sign up for one

i was told metal card is only available, at the moment , for personal charge card and the metal cards for business charge card is due in a month. Is this correct?

Unless it's a different design to the Centurion card, give me a plastic card any day. The Centurion Card is the most annoying card in my wallet. Doesn't work on entering car parks or anything that you need to insert the card, and the magnetic strips constantly die. I carry an additional plastic Cent Card for that purpose. I will be requesting to send me a plastic card for all my business Plats.

*edit - first world problems :D

Mine came today - it's nice!

Came by DHL which was unexpected.

Can someone upload the real images of the cards? Of course the number, name and cvv need to be blurred, or removed

Can someone upload the real images of the cards? Of course the number, name and cvv need to be blurred, or removed

Got mine today. It looks exactly the same as the pics of the US version except it has the contactless icon front and back.

The card is actually two pieces stuck together, the front is a heavy thicker metal and the back is thinner metal or maybe plastic, probably to support contactless.

Same here. Ordered Friday and arrived by DHL today.
Mine also arrived via DHL, which seems consistent with US reports that people were receiving large delivery envelopes that contain a smaller envelope with the card inside...
The most interesting part was that my DHL package was sent from Singapore

So I've received my metal card which I had created as a supplementary card under my name and the name shown on the card is: "xx_X A/C". For those with supplementary cards, is this the usual naming convention to have "A/C" at the end?

Also I've added the supplementary card to my existing online services account but the supp card isn't shown separately as another card? Do supplementary cards usually come through as another card in online services so that you get separate offers to your main card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back