Membership Rewards & Hotelclub.com bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfrog86

Not sure if anyone else has noticed that Amex has just recently changed over the group of bonus point options for members...

One of these that also appeared in the last lot is hotelclub.com, however the new bonus option gives TEN, yes TEN bonus points per dollar spent...:eek:

Am I the only one who finds this amazing? That means that the random search I've been doing for accommodation options for a possible upcoming US trip would net me around 32500 points for a less than outrageous hotel stay for a couple of weeks... (10 bonus + 1.5 on my plat card).

Is this offer correct? Has anyone actually got these points?

I'm almost thinking of going on the trip just because these points get me a third of the way to the US on V Australia...

Thoughts?

Note the min spend. $350 from memory. Also has to be booked via the link.

Also note that various offers like BP at 1.5 points/ $ which had lapsed have been extended till June 30.

Last edited:
The previous offer of 5x bonus MR points with no minimum spend was a much better offer and I managed to use it a few times and got the bonus MR points.

As I cannot achieve the minimum spend requirement of the current offer looks like I will go back to booking direct through HotelClub and as a Platinum member get 6% credited back to account to use on future bookings.

The previous offer of 5x bonus MR points with no minimum spend was a much better offer and I managed to use it a few times and got the bonus MR points.

I booked once late last year and still haven't received the bonus 5x points. I know I should chase it up, in terms of principle, but I just can't find the time or energy to do so.

As I cannot achieve the minimum spend requirement of the current offer looks like I will go back to booking direct through HotelClub and as a Platinum member get 6% credited back to account to use on future bookings.

I think the last offer of 5x Bonus Points was good cause there was no min. spend but if you're staying more than 1 night it's easy to spend $350 and 10x Bonus Points is pretty AMAZING! I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of this awesome offer many times between now and when it expires! :) I really like hotelclub cause their prices are pretty competitive from my experience and they don't surcharge like wotif does - so annoying!

Note the min spend. $350 from memory. Also has to be booked via the link.

Also note that various offers like BP at 1.5 points/ $ which had lapsed have been extended till June 30.

I was very happy to see the BP one was extended too! I also love the Vintage Cellars one with 2 Bonus Points - I'll have to stock up on my wine! :) Any excuse ;)

I booked once late last year and still haven't received the bonus 5x points. I know I should chase it up, in terms of principle, but I just can't find the time or energy to do so.

You should definitely chase them - I didn't get mine the last time and I had to call hotelclub and they got them added straight away - don't ask and you won't get, so may as well!! Goodluck :)

Good till December 2011, 10:1 | Re: Membership Rewards & Hotelclub.com bonus points

Hi Folks,

Just going to bump this thread as I got a flyer from ANZ today with the same Amex offer. Hotelclub at 10:1.

Interestingly, my Amex with ANZ direct sweeps to QFF, and all indications on the flyer are that, of course, my accrued points will also go direct to QFF.

** BOGGLE **

6 days at South Wharf MEL mid year could nett me 30,000 QFF points?

http://www.hotelclub.com/amex/

[ EDIT:

Ahh. ANZ might have made a mistake here. I'll call them tomorrow. Going to the website indicated on the ANZ flyer indicates this:

HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between 3 May 2010 and 31 December 2010.

and this

The Qantas American Express Card, the Qantas American Express Premium Card, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, David Jones American Express Cards and Cards not issued by American Express are excluded from this promotion.

So, the offer appears closed, and even if it were open then its not open to Amex cards not issued directly by Amex. Makes sense as elsewhere in the T&C's they indicate that the 10 Bonus points per dollar are Amex MR points ... not other points.

I'm sure this is going to cause ANZ a bit of pain as PAX take up the offer :) ]

Last edited:
Re: Good till December 2011, 10:1 | Re: Membership Rewards & Hotelclub.com bonus poin

Hi Folks,

Just going to bump this thread as I got a flyer from ANZ today with the same Amex offer. Hotelclub at 10:1.

Interestingly, my Amex with ANZ direct sweeps to QFF, and all indications on the flyer are that, of course, my accrued points will also go direct to QFF.

** BOGGLE **

6 days at South Wharf MEL mid year could nett me 30,000 QFF points?

Earn 10 Membership Rewards Bonus Points for every $1 spent on transactions of $350 or more

[ EDIT:

Ahh. ANZ might have made a mistake here. I'll call them tomorrow. Going to the website indicated on the ANZ flyer indicates this:

HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between 3 May 2010 and 31 December 2010.

and this

The Qantas American Express Card, the Qantas American Express Premium Card, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, David Jones American Express Cards and Cards not issued by American Express are excluded from this promotion.

So, the offer appears closed, and even if it were open then its not open to Amex cards not issued directly by Amex. Makes sense as elsewhere in the T&C's they indicate that the 10 Bonus points per dollar are Amex MR points ... not other points.

I'm sure this is going to cause ANZ a bit of pain as PAX take up the offer :) ]

Hey did you end up getting your QFF points through ANZ? My husband has the ANZ Card too and is keen to know! :)

Re: Good till December 2011, 10:1 | Re: Membership Rewards & Hotelclub.com bonus poin

Hey did you end up getting your QFF points through ANZ? My husband has the ANZ Card too and is keen to know! :)

I gave up. I didn't use Hotelclubs services as it just was not clear, and no-one seemed able or willing to _make_ it clear what the deal was. Its just junk advertising in my view - none of the parties, not hotelclub or the bank are very serious about these bonus point offers.

I've heard on these forums of some folk getting their 10p / $ spent with HC, so it does appear that there is at least some chance. But with everyone being so vague I'm unlikely to contract a service. I'll go where the cost and the benefit is a known quantity beforehand.

I booked accommodation through Hotelclub on Friday. I received my points today without any bonus. Do 10x bonus points normally take longer than actual points? Anyone with hotelclub experience?

I booked accommodation through Hotelclub on Friday. I received my points today without any bonus. Do 10x bonus points normally take longer than actual points? Anyone with hotelclub experience?

Yes - Much much longer.

I have made about 15 bookings via hotelclub.com/amex now and it has taken anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months for points to appear.

I gave up. I didn't use Hotelclubs services as it just was not clear, and no-one seemed able or willing to _make_ it clear what the deal was. Its just junk advertising in my view - none of the parties, not hotelclub or the bank are very serious about these bonus point offers.

I've heard on these forums of some folk getting their 10p / $ spent with HC, so it does appear that there is at least some chance. But with everyone being so vague I'm unlikely to contract a service. I'll go where the cost and the benefit is a known quantity beforehand.

Heck - Even with an Amex issued, Amex card no-one seems to care

HotelClub refer you to Amex
Amex just send a request to "marketing" with a promise to hear back, but I never did

Points did end up coming through many months later.

As for bank issued Amex's it's not that clear

Yes - Much much longer.

I have made about 15 bookings via hotelclub.com/amex now and it has taken anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months for points to appear.

Thanks. I was hoping it would be similar to Harvey Norman. :( I bought a printer from them on last Sunday my 5x bonus points along with the actual points were registered on Monday.

It's hard to understand why some bonus partners are registering bonus points automatically and some not :(

Last edited:

This ANZ offer doesn't sound right. The offer is for 10 bonus Amex MR points and I can confirm that I have received my points every time I have booked using my Amex issued card - it does take the timeframe they indicate (up to 8 weeks), however you will get the points owed to you.

Are you able to post more information about the offer that ANZ sent you - it doesn't sound correct at all that they would be offering this as it is an Amex offer, not at ANZ one...

This ANZ offer doesn't sound right. The offer is for 10 bonus Amex MR points and I can confirm that I have received my points every time I have booked using my Amex issued card - it does take the timeframe they indicate (up to 8 weeks), however you will get the points owed to you.

Are you able to post more information about the offer that ANZ sent you - it doesn't sound correct at all that they would be offering this as it is an Amex offer, not at ANZ one...

I'm not sure I still have the flyer - others here have said they have the same offer though so someone else may be able to help. Certainly reading the T&C at HotelClub made me think this offer was wrong. The cobranded Amex/ANZ card doesn't appear to be elligible, partly, at least, because the rewards are MR, not QFF, but anyway .... any offer that is this much work is bound to bite me so I passed it up.

Got a new version of this deal on an ANZ flyer today. Same problem as previously but also now including the same issue for hotels.com. This is the problematic bit for both hotel booknig sites:

"The Qantas American Express Card, the Qantas American Express Premium Card, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, David Jones American Express Cards and Cards not issued by American Express are excluded from this promotion."

So, looks like I can't use it with my ANZ QFF card then as I'd need to be a member of Amex MR and my card is specifically excluded anyway.

Pathetic ANZ, seriously. There would probably be some legal mileage in this but who could be bothered?

Pathetic ANZ, seriously. There would probably be some legal mileage in this but who could be bothered?

I wonder if Amex are actually preparing the brochures. The problem is that some promos work across all cards, and some to just their own ossued cards.

I wonder if Amex are actually preparing the brochures. The problem is that some promos work across all cards, and some to just their own ossued cards.

I suspect you are right.

Nevertheless, ANZ should be checking advertising before they send it out. The T&C suggest that no ANZ customers would be eligible for the deal as all ANZ card holders will presumably be holding Amex co-branded cards issued by he bank ... therefore ineligible.

The Hotelclub 10 Bonus Point offer is definitely valid for ANZ AMEX Cards cause my husband has an ANZ QFF AMEX and he booked through Book Cheap Hotel Deals, Budget & Luxury Accomodations | HotelClub and got his 10 Bonus Points per dollar. The Hotelclub site's confusing cause it looks like Membership Rewards only are eligible but that's not the case.

New offers for ANZ American Express® cardholders

Also with Hotelclub the T&C's say allow 8-10 weeks to Bonus Points to be put in your account, so there is a delay but I've used the offer about 7 times and every time the points have arrived, sometimes 2 weeks and sometimes right on the 10 week mark!

Amex Bonus Rewards | Partner - HOTELCLUB.COM.AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back