"Member since" date

Status
Not open for further replies.

avante

Just received my Plat Charge this week and noticed that the "member since" year is wrong. I've been a member since 2009 and my Plat Edge says that, but for some reason, ther Plat Charge says 2012. Not even sure why 2012 as opposed to other years that are wrong. Has anyone experienced this, and do you reckon Amex will send me a replacement card with the right date?

Maybe the year you went from regular to Plat ? That's what I found once.

I started with the Plat Moneyback in 2009, then got the Plat Edge when it was released as they had discontinued the Moneyback. Can't recall what year that was... Did you try to get them to revert your date?

I started with the Plat Moneyback in 2009, then got the Plat Edge when it was released as they had discontinued the Moneyback. Can't recall what year that was... Did you try to get them to revert your date?

I didn't bother as AMEX was on my hit list to get rid of, which I did.

Matt

What's the value in having the earlier year recorded on your card?

Assuming you've been timely with payments, a longer credit history means a better credit score. Having it as the correct date gives me assurance that Amex have the records right.

My online account says I've been a member since three years before I got my first Amex card, and all my cards say member since 7 years after my first card, which was the year I got my first Amex in the US...

Contact them and they'll fix. I had to do the same when I got my first UK Amex.

It is good to have the right date. Important (in the UK) for credit reasons, and additionally there are a few benefits available to those with certain length of relationship with Amex.

In the old days Amex used to reward you for being a long term customer nowadays it's not any more valuable than saying you have been a member since 15. It's a pity that longer card members get no recognition.

In the old days Amex used to reward you for being a long term customer nowadays it's not any more valuable than saying you have been a member since 15. It's a pity that longer card members get no recognition.
Is that anything like existing long standing members ignored with balance transfer offers and signon bonuses for new members that last 5 minutes and cancel only to do the same thing 6 months later?

Just received my replacement card with the correct date today via express post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back