MEL- NAN via SYD | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

MEL- NAN via SYD

Status
Not open for further replies.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
As posted, the QF flight number is the important thing.

So, if booked on QF391 or QF345 SYD-NAN then First Lounge access.

NO First Lounge access if your booking is for FJ910 or FJ914.

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
From where I'm sitting most people are saying variation of the same thing :!:

On a QF flight number booking a WP will have F lounge access even though the boarding pass will have an FJ flight number on it. On an FJ flight number booking there will be J lounge access only. (the boarding pass will still have an FJ flight number)

Austman

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
From where I'm sitting most people are saying variation of the same thing :!:

On a QF flight number booking a WP will have F lounge access even though the boarding pass will have an FJ flight number on it. On an FJ flight number booking there will be J lounge access only. (the boarding pass will still have an FJ flight number)
And if the booking is FJ in Y-class? No INT lounge access at all?

markis10

Veteran Member

ozbeachbabe

If you booked a QF flight number to NAN and the ticket/itinerary says so accordingly, regardless, of what the BP says, you'll be allowed in the F lounge. The lounge staff will have a list of such passengers. As mentioned before, even you booked the QF flight number, your BP will still have a FJ number.

This has been my experience and reported by others too.
I'm fairly certain that for bookings made under the QF codeshare flight number that despite the boarding pass saying "FJ910" usually on the boarding pass underneath where your frequent flyer number prints out it should say something like "sold as QF391".

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I'm fairly certain that for bookings made under the QF codeshare flight number that despite the boarding pass saying "FJ910" usually on the boarding pass underneath where your frequent flyer number prints out it should say something like "sold as QF391".
A good theory but unfortunately it has not on the occasions that I've used this.

W

wilco

A good theory but unfortunately it has not on the occasions that I've used this.
Conversely, it has been the case with my flights. Same with AA and BA. Whenever I'm on a QF code, the BP shows the actual flight number with the "sold as" disclaimer in the service info box.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
If you go back through the threads linked to you note reports that on the stub, CARRIER is printed along with QANTAS (or QF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlledn