Medical claims and change to travel plans | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Medical claims and change to travel plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foreigner

AFF Supporter
When travel plans change as result of illness, requiring extended hotel stay and purchasing of new tickets (in same class as original itinerary) what do insurance companies expect in support of claims, other than bills for medical, hotel and new tickets? (and medical certificate, of course.)

Simo

AFF Supporter
I would ask your TI company exactly what they need.

They might need medical records before you went to make sure it was not a pre-existing issue that might not be covered.

Not sure what the issue is either.

grapefruitmoon

I think insurance companies can help for medical bills if only you have claims from hospital. If you want to change your flights, not buy a new one, etc, you need to buy flight protection from airlines (separate from insurance). that's what I understand.

Cynicor

AFF Supporter
I think insurance companies can help for medical bills if only you have claims from hospital. If you want to change your flights, not buy a new one, etc, you need to buy flight protection from airlines (separate from insurance). that's what I understand.
That's not correct at all. It comes down to the PDS, but TI will reschedule you, pay for cancellations or whatever. You should not require multiple insurance policies, as much as the airlines would like to sell you their crazily marked up "deals".

grapefruitmoon

That's not correct at all. It comes down to the PDS, but TI will reschedule you, pay for cancellations or whatever. You should not require multiple insurance policies, as much as the airlines would like to sell you their crazily marked up "deals".
Last time I flied with KLM and they rescheduled my flight from Amsterdam to Fukuoka, transit in Beijing 5 days before date of departure, then it was more than 50-hour-transit in Beijing, and I was kept right before depart, because I didn't have Chinese visa. Hence I claimed insurance but they said it belonged to PDS, not TI....

mannej

AFF Supporter
Last time I flied with KLM and they rescheduled my flight from Amsterdam to Fukuoka, transit in Beijing 5 days before date of departure, then it was more than 50-hour-transit in Beijing, and I was kept right before depart, because I didn't have Chinese visa. Hence I claimed insurance but they said it belonged to PDS, not TI....
I am sorry but you are getting terms confused. PDS = Product Disclosure Statement. It isn't another type of insurance.

coles525

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Whats with all this new age crap? The real wording: Conditions of Use! "And the conditions are?" OR "What may I ask is written in the PDS (Pretty Dumb Supervisor?)".

To me it will always be the conditions of use, why? Cause thats what says the CONDITIONS!

gripe: I hate how it's changed to a stupid way of saying conditions of use!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea9