Me travelling J class, lounge access for guest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ero

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
29
Points
0
I will soon be travelling NRT-HKG, 3 hour wait, then HKG-LHR - all on CX Business Class (U - I think that's the code for Business Class via award redemption).

One of my friends will be on the same flights but travelling on paid Economy Class.

From reading various posts on this forum I believe I will have access to the CX lounge for my 3 hour wait in HK.

1. Can I bring my friend into the CX Lounge in HK as a guest? I do not have any Qantas Club membership and the awards redemption was kindly given to me from my brother.

2. If the answer above is no, I think my bro has some "guest passes". Can a guest pass be used by my friend, even though my brother who is the WP will not be with us?


Thanks.
 
Using the S26 Wi-Fi Smart Plug you can easily convert your existing appliances into smart devices to be controlled remotely with your phone.

Takes just minutes to setup!

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,531
Solutions
11
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
ero said:
... 1. Can I bring my friend into the CX Lounge in HK as a guest? I do not have any Qantas Club membership and the awards redemption was kindly given to me from my brother.

2. If the answer above is no, I think my bro has some "guest passes". Can a guest pass be used by my friend, even though my brother who is the WP will not be with us? ...
I believe the answer is no to 1. and as for 2., you may be able to access the Qantas 'Hong Kong' lounge with your CX J BP as well as your friend aremed with a QF 'invitation'.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
I believe the answer is no to 1. and as for 2., you may be able to access the Qantas 'Hong Kong' lounge with your CX J BP as well as your friend aremed with a QF 'invitation'.
Hmm, lets see. CX flight number, CX aircraft, no OneWorld or QF status. I don't see why QF would allow access for a CX J passenger. I know CX does allow access for all OneWorld J and F passengers, but that is out of their generousity and not because its a OneWorld lounge entitlement (entitlement is for Sapphire and Emerald members flying with OneWorld).

I do not know CX's policy for guests for business class passengers. Its not published on their web site.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,531
Solutions
11
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
NM said:
Hmm, lets see. CX flight number, CX aircraft, no OneWorld or QF status. I don't see why QF would allow access for a CX J passenger. I know CX does allow access for all OneWorld J and F passengers, but that is out of their generousity and not because its a OneWorld lounge entitlement (entitlement is for Sapphire and Emerald members flying with OneWorld).
I recall a thread from FT or AFF last year where it was posted that QF reciprocate in this at HKG. I'll try to dig it up.

Of course, if one had a choice of the Wing/Pier or the "Hong Kong" lounge I know which one to choose. :cool:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
serfty said:
I recall a thread from FT or AFF last year where it was posted that QF reciprocate in this at HKG. I'll try to dig it up.

Of course, if one had a choice of the Wing/Pier or the "Hong Kong" lounge I know which one to choose. :cool:
Indeed! Yes, I do remember that thread and I have tested it with CX. I entered The Wing F lounge only using my QF F boarding pass with a non-status AA FF number attached (it was my candy theft flight). I was not aware that QF reciprocates in HKG, and as you note I can't see too many situations where one would want to do that. But perhaps this may be an example.

By the way, I had a look on the QF web site to see if a non-status business class passenger can take a guest to the Qantas Club lounge and I could not find an answer. They only mention guests when discussing Qantas Club members, QF Gold and Platinum members, and OneWorld Sapphire and Emerald members.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
AFAIK, only F passengers are allowed to bring a non-status guest into a lounge (assuming F pax is a non status person).

Not sure how to get around this situation.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,531
Solutions
11
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
serfty said:
I recall a thread from FT or AFF last year where it was posted that QF reciprocate in this at HKG. I'll try to dig it up. ...
OK, two threads on FlyerTalk:

CX Forum: Wing / Pier access as One World Sapphire
Guy Betsy said:
... As long as you are flying on any ONEWORLD carrier that day in J or F class, and have boarding pass to prove it, you are entitled to use any Oneworld lounge ie BA or CX.

QF Forum: Flight QF30 from LHR-MEL via HKG. A few questions
whughes3 said:
I have been told explicitly by QF lounge staff that if you are travelling if F or J on any Oneworld airline then you can access any Oneworld lounge. It seems to be in the realm of "undocumented benefits" but it is definitely there.
Now that's sorted, all that remains is to get a Qantas Club lounge invitation. NB: this is not a Guest Pass, they ceased to be relevant on 1st June last year.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
This thread reminds me how much easier the *A lounge access rules are (yes I know *G generally don't get into F but OW Emerald do) - simpler and easier to remember and apply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,388
Messages
2,141,157
Members
54,433
Latest member
Triumph57
Top