Mastercard/Visa wanted to earn points outside QFF&Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalereardon

Hi,

I have had a really good run with HSBC, EDR and currently Macquarie to earn Qantas points and have achieved enough points now for 2 x 280K awards but I am now done with QFF. I don't trust the program or the value of their points any longer.

I now have a direct issued Amex to earn more flexible MR points but there are a lot of expenses that I incur with merchants that just don't accept Amex and I have to use MasterCard or Visa. So to keep earning SPG points and ultimately boost my Aadvantage / USDM balance I could get a Diners Card with linked MC but that's around $400 in annual fees plus I hear they can be difficult and problematic in getting points awarded - is this correct?

Are there other MasterCard / Visa options available in Australia that might earn Asia Miles, Singapore miles etc? I am assuming that there is no way apart from Diners to earn SPG with a MasterCard / Visa so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Dale.

Citi Select stands head and shoulders above all other Visa or Mastercards in terms of pts earn and ability to tsfr to number of FF programs. Downers are 120K income reqd to get card and $700 annual fee - but these can be gotten around also if one is creative - if you have high Visa spend this card is a pearler.

Yes unfortunately I don't have a high enough income even though have a very good credit record.

How can I get round the requirements?

Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back