Marriott Bonvoy

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
The former SOTP I think now known as Sheraton grand is a good pick.Really good lounge-oysters and prawns every evening though that might have gone with Covid.

Pier One we like and the last one we stayed at just over a year ago.great position,no lounge but good food options and a nice stroll to the Rocks area.

Stevo.1702

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hi all,

I'm brand new to Marriot (and hotel loyalty programs in general). I am wondering if the Marriott Bonvoy program has soft landings?

I have just checked in for a 36-night stay and with the current double elite night promotion, this will give me an awesome introduction to the program. I doubt I'll earn enough to maintain platinum (or even gold) in the following year so I am curious if I will be gently lowered.

Aiming a long way into the future, would these soft landings (if they exist) count towards lifetime elite years?

Cheers,
Stevo

jjonnboy

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all,

I'm brand new to Marriot (and hotel loyalty programs in general). I am wondering if the Marriott Bonvoy program has soft landings?

I have just checked in for a 36-night stay and with the current double elite night promotion, this will give me an awesome introduction to the program. I doubt I'll earn enough to maintain platinum (or even gold) in the following year so I am curious if I will be gently lowered.

Aiming a long way into the future, would these soft landings (if they exist) count towards lifetime elite years?

Cheers,
Stevo
It's possible. Marriott has been mixing it up with promotions; some for everyone and some individually targeted. This year and last year, Marriott gave 50% Elite Night Credits based on previous status.
There is a problem with the double nights promotion, where the posting of the bonus nights on rewards points nights is delayed for some people (including me). Last I heard from Marriott, was to wait 10-14 days after the completed stay. Just thought I'd mention it, in case some of your 36 nights are on rewards points.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jjonnboy

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Hi all,

Cheers,
Stevo
Sorry, I re-read your question. Status years, however you come by them, will count towards lifetime elite years. For instance this year I will achieve platinum from 25 bonus ENCs plus 25 stay nights (including some on the double promo) and this will count towards a lifetime platinum elite year.

Stevo.1702

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Sorry, I re-read your question. Status years, however you come by them, will count towards lifetime elite years. For instance this year I will achieve platinum from 25 bonus ENCs plus 25 stay nights (including some on the double promo) and this will count towards a lifetime platinum elite year.
Thank you for the info.

None of my nights are rewards points but I'll report back and let you know how long it takes for the double nights to credit. I assume points and nights for stays only credit after checkout so it'll be at least a month before I get back to you.

I might have a healthy balance of points after this - what do you recommend as a good value redemption of points in Australia to be?

jjonnboy

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Can I say, chasing missing ENCs through Asia has been futile? They have been very apologetic of the deficiencies of the double points/nights promotion, but ultimately ineffective, In calling later tonight, I was able to speak to someone in USA (rather than Asia) who seemed to have greater knowledge of the current deficiencies and promised resolution of same.

Stevo.1702

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Finished my long stay and bonus nights and points posted with the normal earn rates. UK hotel so none of the drama that you described jjonnboy.

jjonnboy

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Finished my long stay and bonus nights and points posted with the normal earn rates. UK hotel so none of the drama that you described jjonnboy.
Great to hear. After 5 weeks, USA call centre was able to rectify my missing nights. My lifetime year counter is still not correct, but I was told that would be fixed eventually. I have another part-points stay coming up on Friday; hopefully there are no issues.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eccocateringau