Marriot Bonvey Status downgrade to Silver for Plat charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcn

Qantas
Platinum
Logged onto my Marriot account today and realized I am now Silver? I was pretty sure that plat charge had you at Gold tier. Anyone else in the same situation?

Checked mine - still Gold.

Just called Amex and got a bit of a run around. While waiting for their call back, I struck gold - I now have two Bonvoy accounts - and if I log in with the SPG number (as shown on the Amex benefits page) I'm still Gold.

Just called Amex and got a bit of a run around. While waiting for their call back, I struck gold - I now have two Bonvoy accounts - and if I log in with the SPG number (as shown on the Amex benefits page) I'm still Gold.

Logged into my account number that was linked on the Amex benefits, and yes I'm still gold if I login with my SPG number. It seems somehow I have 2 accounts, 1 silver and the other gold. Rather confusing.

The old SPG account became Marriott account back in August last year. You need to merge the two accounts and then ensure your Amex is linked to the correct account. I had to do mine as I had my Amex linked to SPG account but merged it to my Marriott account, and it took Amex to re-link it to my marriott account.

Logged into my account number that was linked on the Amex benefits, and yes I'm still gold if I login with my SPG number. It seems somehow I have 2 accounts, 1 silver and the other gold. Rather confusing.

If you previously had an SPG account and a Marriott account, and have not merged them, you will have two account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back