Marco Polo [Status Benefit] has been stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

Intern
Just got a letter from marco polo stating that the benefit has changed... Now we have to hit the minimum points...

Is this the complimentary status?

I was worried about removing them as a transfer partner.

And some are still waiting for the letter. I would be interested to know if anyone who received the letter has taken CX flights with the MPG number allocated?

I am wondering if the change is completely consistent, or if CX are targeting selectively.

No letter yet, MPG was renewed to Feb 2015. No use of MPC on any other airline (so no lounge access charges). Only use was on CX award flights (mix of PE and J) BNE-HKG-AMS-HKG-SIN-HKG-BNE with points transferred from Amex. With the exception of the HKG-SIN-HKG all the rest was for 2 pax.

I am wondering if CX are assessing whether or not the complimentary MPC from Amex is bringing them a return or not, and targeting accordingly.

Marco Polo has been stopped

I am wondering if CX are assessing whether or not the complimentary MPC from Amex is bringing them a return or not, and targeting accordingly.

No they are not assessing this, they have already done this assessment, there is no 'individual' assessment taking place. Centurion members were given an extra 6-12 months on top of their original expiry date, maxing out to Feb15. After this there will be no complimentary renewal of Diamond status. I assume similar for AX Platinum/MP Gold

Last edited:
Got the centurion letter today. Even though I don't expire until sept they extended for 6 months.

Centurion then has a discounted rate to earn back status as follows:

Diamond 60k miles or 40 sectors
Gold 30k miles or 20 sectors
Silver 1 sector in first or business on cx

My Diamond was renewed through Dec 14, ironically I'm about to jump on a CX flight in J right now.

With the revised earning requirements CX actually starts to appeal. Bang for buck when considering transferring MR points to Asia Miles is much better than Qantas, and Diamond members have a very high success rate at getting redemptions seats released for them.

That's some nice discounts on qualification rates! Wish I could get a 50% discount on DM qualification. .they certainly know how to do op - ups at CX...

The discount qualification rates bring it about in line with other OW carriers, their normal qual levels are crazy. There is nothing to say those discounted rates will stay in place for longer than a year.

Does anyone know if the discounted requirement is an ongoing benefit?!

Reading my letter again, I got the impression that it is an ongoing benefit without an expiry set down (as yet). I'm really bummed that I'm losing MPG at the end of Feb - it was great while it lasted. Unless I'm not reading it right, it looks like normally you would lose Green status if you don't fly four sectors in a year, but that requirement is waived for Amex Plat Charge cardholders (I know, big whoop).

I lost CX but moved to BA Gold ( by flying ), it seems to be the easiest to obtain if you fly C and F on a broad mix of Oneworld airlines

I have my CX gold until Feb 2015.....
Which is not far away and I'm not even going to use it :p

Unfortunately I dropped from Diamond to Green at the start of the new year.

I used it a lot for redemption seats as from Amex the 1:1 was better value for any OneWorld airline than QF was able to do.

My CX Gold membership expired March 15. Would have been handy in case i don't requalify for QF Gold.

Mine's expiring in June. Need 2 SYD-HKG trips then I'll be ok...

In my case, it still works out cheaper than chasing SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back