Made a dumb mistake when applying for ANZ Travel Rewards card

Status
Not open for further replies.

desafinado74

Hello AFF community,

I made a stupid mistake of selecting the maximum credit card limit when applying for the ANZ Travel Rewards card.
Thus i got rejected today.

I was wondering if i can re apply for the card again now, or can i call up ANZ and see if they can re consider my rejected application by changing the requested credit limit
to the minimum amount of 6K ?

Thank you (My credit score is currently around the low 800s and i don't intend to apply for home loans etc)

Did you choose the option for your maximum eligible limit, or did you write in what you think the maximum limit ANZ offers is? If its the first option, that is based on your individual circumstances, everyones maximum limit will vary. I would call and ask why.

I've never been declined, but I think they have to send a letter with the explanation within XX days anyway.

Thanks for the reply Rob. I picked the first option. But like you said, i shall wait for the letter within the next week or 2 and find out why i was declined.

Thanks for the reply Rob. I picked the first option. But like you said, i shall wait for the letter within the next week or 2 and find out why i was declined.

I also haven’t applied for a new card since the banks have updated all the comprehensive credit reporting details on my account (at first it just listed accounts, now it lists credit limits and payment history). I know, I’m a disgrace to the churning community, I’ll hand in my

If you have too many cards, and haven’t ensured the banks marked closed accounts as closed, you may be overextended.

Not had this happen to me, but I can't see why you couldn't reapply immediately. If they limit was the reason then your second application should be accepted. But this will mean two credit enquiries will be made.

I also haven’t applied for a new card since the banks have updated all the comprehensive credit reporting details on my account (at first it just listed accounts, now it lists credit limits and payment history). I know, I’m a disgrace to the churning community, I’ll hand in my

If you have too many cards, and haven’t ensured the banks marked closed accounts as closed, you may be overextended.

You have actually made a good point re having many cards and a sizable credit limit. I currently have a combined credit limit of 39k spread over 4 cards. That could be a problem for me, even though i always pay in full on time. I am actually thinking of applying for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature card too.

Not had this happen to me, but I can't see why you couldn't reapply immediately. If they limit was the reason then your second application should be accepted. But this will mean two credit enquiries will be made.

Yes, the two enquiries part is annoying. And now i am sort of preferring the BoM Amplify Signature card over the ANZ card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back