Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

LTS [Life time Silver]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

This week I qualified for QF LTS. Not a big deal compared to many on here, but pretty happy given most of my flying is domestic economy. And I do go to the USA a bit where this status actually gets me some nice perks.

A sincere thank you for the advice and tips from AFFers over the last few years that have helped get me to this point. Now onwards to LTG!

Hvr

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Congrats, so how long did it take?

Let's hope the next 7,000 SCs are easier to attain.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Congratulations.

I feel your pain regarding domestic discount economy.

eosphoros

Congratulations.

I myself am looking forward to LTS come January. That will have taken me 4 years and 1 month. I doubt the next 7000 will come as easily given that I now credit partner flights to AA rather than QF.

love_the_life

Flights
My Map
Congratulations. A landmark and luckily for you, worth something in LOFAP when you fly there.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Congratulations!

Are you currently a Silver member, or higher? Would be nice to use the card is all!

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JamesB

Benefit is not as great in the USA any more unfortunately (at least on AA). No more free bag for starters.

madrooster

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Benefit is not as great in the USA any more unfortunately (at least on AA). No more free bag for starters.
It's 1 free bag now instead of 2. It's not published on their site however...

JamesB

Yep it's 0 free bags for anything ticketed recently. Done plenty of AA flying since April 8th, no joy. You might get lucky if you complain / act surprised (e.g. via a sympathetic staff member).

Supersonic Swinger

I doubt the next 7000 will come as easily given that I now credit partner flights to AA rather than QF.
Same here. Qantas has made it Simpler & Fairer TM to credit partner flights to AA.

One benefit of LTS I've experienced is being upgraded to AA's Economy Plus or whatever it is called on a Transatlantic AA Flight. However, that was pre-1 July and the SC earn on those flights were slashed, now I'd be crediting that flight to AA.

wandering_fred

Established Member
Flights
My Map
FWIW, it would seem that AA Gold (OW Ruby) still get one free bag on AA. If you are in AA 1st class (in an attempt to improve your QF status) you get three bags free. MCE (the better Y seating on AA) is available to OW Ruby at (theoretically) reduced costs. Haven't tried that yet as I'm AA PLT until 01 March 15.

There is a work around on the seating issue if you have OWE/OWS somewhere in OneWorld. Use that FF# and status to select seats and change to the OWR/non-status program at check-in. The "better" seats are available to anyone at T-24, so you are unlikely to get moved. I don't know a way to change the FF # online but the check-in agent can certainly do it.

Happy wandering

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowhikes