Low Income QFF Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilko383

Hi everyone.

I currently have a 28 Degrees card, which has a balance of $1500 on it after I ran out of money while overseas last year. I have recently caught the FF points bug after getting QFF points for the last year or so with my Woolworths EDR card and Optus mobile plan. Looking into getting a QFF credit card to further increase my points earning, while also balance transferring my 28D balance to the new card. I only earn about $30k to $35k a year at the moment, which means most of the decent cards seem to be out of reach.

Any suggestions? At this stage I'm leaning towards the ANZ Frequent Flyer card.

Welcome to AFF!

I recommend going for a card that earns Velocity points. Especially because QF will sting you with 'fuel surcharges' when it comes to reward bookings and so you will be out of pocket even more. Also look into Velocity Global wallet (Virgin's equivalent to QF cash). These days anyone can earn points easily! :)

AMEX cards generally earn more points than Visa/MC.

Hi everyone.

I currently have a 28 Degrees card, which has a balance of $1500 on it after I ran out of money while overseas last year. I have recently caught the FF points bug after getting QFF points for the last year or so with my Woolworths EDR card and Optus mobile plan. Looking into getting a QFF credit card to further increase my points earning, while also balance transferring my 28D balance to the new card. I only earn about $30k to $35k a year at the moment, which means most of the decent cards seem to be out of reach.

Any suggestions? At this stage I'm leaning towards the ANZ Frequent Flyer card.

Transfer your balance to a card with an interest free period and chuck it in a draw until the interest free period expires and then pay the balance off in full (make the min. monthly payments). The EDR card is good for FF points. Not sure what other card you could be eligible for on your income???

The basic Westpac earth card accepts an income around that level.

Welcome to AFF!

I recommend going for a card that earns Velocity points. Especially because QF will sting you with 'fuel surcharges' when it comes to reward bookings and so you will be out of pocket even more. Also look into Velocity Global wallet (Virgin's equivalent to QF cash). These days anyone can earn points easily! :)

AMEX cards generally earn more points than Visa/MC.

I would consider Velocity if I hadn't already accumulated 20,000 QFF points. I also fly with Jetstar 2-3 times a year so it makes sense to stick with Qantas at this point.

Transfer your balance to a card with an interest free period and chuck it in a draw until the interest free period expires and then pay the balance off in full (make the min. monthly payments). The EDR card is good for FF points. Not sure what other card you could be eligible for on your income???

The ANZ Frequent Flyer has 0% balance transfer for 12 months which is why it is the one I am leaning towards getting. Will make minimum monthly payments and put the rest into my UBank account until the 12 months is nearly up. Would love to get the EDR Qantas Credit Card but minimum income requirement of $50k a year rules me out.

The basic Westpac earth card accepts an income around that level.

Annual fee is slightly less but balance transfer is less attractive. Thinking I'll just go with the ANZ Frequent Flyer card as it seems to be the best I can get in my circumstances.

comparison

Jetstar "platinum" has a minimum salary requirement of just $30k. $1 spend = 1 QFF point.

Probably this.

Though I presume the min credit limit will be 6k, eligibility will depend on overall financial situation and not just income.

You'll likely have the best chance with your bank, but the earn rates won't be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back