Lounge Access in Hong Kong - QF F class

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by simongr, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Just a quick one guys before we head to PVG airport for the long trip home. We are travelling F on QF (HKG-SYD) after travelling from PVG to HKG this morning. I had assumed that we would be able to access the F lounge (both of us are only QF SG) but I got a bit confused last night thinking that as we arent OWE perhaps we can only visit the F lounge of the airline we are flying with (I have only flown F out of Sydney with QF and CX and only flown F on CX out of HKG).
    I dread the thought of the QF lounge for 7 hours and was really hoping for the Wing.
    Should I be ok for Wing access?
    Cheers
    S

2. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    Simon, I think you will have to use the QF F lounge as you are not OW Emerald. But you can always give it a go.....

When are you transisting? I will be in the F Pier on Friday (tomorrow)evening?

3. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    From the OW website:

So you may gain access based on your F ticket.

4. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I am hopinjg to travel today - I changed my tickets yesterday - I was meant to be travelling on Friday d'oh!

5. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    All worked out well then. Thanks for the good oil Shano. Not that I travel in F unless Op'ed up, but good to know.

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Earlier this year it was more specific; but look here: oneworld - Lounge Access

but I am sure you will be OK for the Wing's Flounge. Just make sure you depart from there 45 minuets before scheduled departure time as it can take 10-15 minutes to walk from the wing to the normal Qantas Gates.

7. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Thanks Shano - here's hoping I actaully am able to get on the flights now ;)

8. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    As I almost found out to my cost a couple of months ago :oops: (will link the trip report later).

Out of interest is there a major difference between WIng and Pier? I know Pier has Haven restaurant - but that is a major hike from the Wing...

9. jasonja3

jasonja3 Member

Sep 12, 2005
    SYD
    AFAIK Both have the same ammenities, just the wing has the water features and cabanas, where the Pier has Day rooms.

10. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The restaurant in the Pier is more a part of the Lounge as distinct from the wing where it is a separate room. (Partitioned rather than walled)

Minor quibbles, the food is the same. :cool:

11. Shano

Shano Established Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    After reading extensively of the CX lounges in HKG, I will finally have the opportunity to visit early next month. From what I have read I am looking forward to the experience, particularly with my WP status :)

12. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    To me, the only real difference is the location. The Wing is opposite Gate 2 while The Pier is near gate 65 or so. I use the one that is closest to my departure gate. So if departing on a QF flight, I use The Wing. My CX departures to KUL usually depart from closer to The Pier.

13. Tooner

Tooner Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I used the Wing for the same flight out of HKG and despite the extra walk found the CX people called me with plenty of time to get there and still breeze past the long whY queue:D

I have to say there is no possibility of me using the QF F lounge again after the experience of the cabana in the CX lounge:cool:

14. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    #14 simongr, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed the Wing - the one thing I found was that it was a little over warm as it is not air conditioned.

I did like being able to have a glass of champagne in my hand and look over the rail and see the little people at the departure gate...

Mind you tgtwwm didnt like the lounge at all - found it like a graveyard - he even preferred the QF F lounge....

15. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    :shock:

What the ...

16. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    :oops:

I guess that could be misinterpreted...