Longest points to post... | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Longest points to post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Here's an interesting one.

Today my FF account was credited for a car rental from July2005....

Nice to see they followed up and posted the points. Pity I missed them, even though I watch Car rentals like a hawk as I've noticed a couple previously not posting.

Anyone had a 1 year delay on posting points before?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Wow! That is good. :)

I don't do as much travelling as you but I watch all points like a hawk. If it hasn't posted in 2 weeks then I am on the blower to get it rectified. I know it is jumping the gun slightly but I would rather be sure than waiting for points to turn up.

coco50

JohnK said:
Wow! That is good. :)

I don't do as much travelling as you but I watch all points like a hawk. If it hasn't posted in 2 weeks then I am on the blower to get it rectified. I know it is jumping the gun slightly but I would rather be sure than waiting for points to turn up.
Like you, JohnK, I look at my activity carefully. After reading these posts I just checked my rentals for the last year - a combination of Avis Preferred and Hertz No.1 Gold from OOL (June 2005) Airlie Beach (Sep-Oct 2005) BNK (Jan 2006) and CBR (Apr 2006) and in all cases, the points were posted within a fortnight of the completion date of the rental. I have had hotel points credited 7 months after the stay (former Corus Hotel in SYD). I got such a shock to see the points there - I had forgotten about them:!:

Kiwi Flyer

Yup. Hotel stays from early last year didnt post until April :evil: Part way through the battle to get credit they even had the cheek to say they couldn't credit since more than 6 months after stay. Well it wasn't when I put in the claim.

ANDREWCX

Last week I received AA miles for an online (US) tax return I did in Feb 2005 through H&R Block - I had completely given up on it and then it appeared. My Australian transactions with QF (and historically AN) always post pretty quick.

v8Statesman

Established Member
Flights
My Map
What is the usual posting time for points (BISM + SQ) to land in a QFF account from AA, BA, CX?

NM

Flights
My Map
v8Statesman said:
What is the usual posting time for points (BISM + SQ) to land in a QFF account from AA, BA, CX?
In my experience, the usual time is 2 to 4 days. Sometimes as much as 1 weeks, but never longer if its going to auto-post.

luckydog

Qantas valet parking... after two months I got tired of waiting and faxed the receipts. They posted me the points the following day (which impressed me) Then about 3 weeks later they posted them again!

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Yup. Hotel stays from early last year didnt post until April :evil: Part way through the battle to get credit they even had the cheek to say they couldn't credit since more than 6 months after stay. Well it wasn't when I put in the claim.
I've scored this crap as well. Put in a claim, hear nothing, then six months and two days after the event I got a letter saying I missed the six month deadline.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyJones