Load Factors on BNE to Perth

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by davyjohn, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. davyjohn

davyjohn Junior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Just wondering what loads are like on the BNE - Perth flights.

Currently doing it on Qantas and enjoy the WP shadow on most flights, and I really value the space.

THanks

2. Mania

Mania Junior Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Out of curiousity I tried booking a flight for tomorrow night (without confirming of course).. plane's mostly empty.

Don't know if that helps. Why not try the same though, just trial book the flights that you'd typically take and see how it looks?

3. davyjohn

davyjohn Junior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #3 davyjohn, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    Thanks, I didn't realise you could select seat before booking. The first 5 rows appear to blocked, but there are quite a few empty seats behind these.

4. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

Some days, (esp weekends) VA uses a 737 for the run from BNE to PER, thats true TransAustralia for 4.5 hours in that tin can, ougch.
    IF I had to fly that route, and QF had a (rare now) 767 or 330, I would go with QF and fly either of these 2 rather than the tin can 737.
    Would be a different kettle of fish if VA bought in a 787 to fly BNE to PER/vv, then I would go VA.
    You mean first 5 rows from row 1 to row 5? Row 1 & 2 on a VA 737 are their premium or business class option, ...

5. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD

Seat maps are never a good guide to how busy a flight is. You can get an idea via fare buckets using flight stats, for instance th 5PM has just the 1 J seat and mostly expensive economy buckets left indicating a busy one while the later 8Pm or so flight has the cheaper fare buckets on offer.

6. Must...Fly!

Must...Fly! Established Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Perth
    VA have 3 flights a day, two on A330s and one on the 737 on weekdays. Compare that to the QF schedule and it's probably more likely the QF flights will have more spare seats on them.