Load Factors on BNE to Perth | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Load Factors on BNE to Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

davyjohn

Flights
My Map
Just wondering what loads are like on the BNE - Perth flights.

Currently doing it on Qantas and enjoy the WP shadow on most flights, and I really value the space.

THanks

Mania

Out of curiousity I tried booking a flight for tomorrow night (without confirming of course).. plane's mostly empty.

Don't know if that helps. Why not try the same though, just trial book the flights that you'd typically take and see how it looks?

davyjohn

Flights
My Map
Out of curiousity I tried booking a flight for tomorrow night (without confirming of course).. plane's mostly empty.
Thanks, I didn't realise you could select seat before booking. The first 5 rows appear to blocked, but there are quite a few empty seats behind these.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustraliaPoochie

AFF Supporter
Some days, (esp weekends) VA uses a 737 for the run from BNE to PER, thats true TransAustralia for 4.5 hours in that tin can, ougch.
IF I had to fly that route, and QF had a (rare now) 767 or 330, I would go with QF and fly either of these 2 rather than the tin can 737.
Would be a different kettle of fish if VA bought in a 787 to fly BNE to PER/vv, then I would go VA.
You mean first 5 rows from row 1 to row 5? Row 1 & 2 on a VA 737 are their premium or business class option, ...

markis10

Veteran Member

Don't know if that helps. Why not try the same though, just trial book the flights that you'd typically take and see how it looks?

Seat maps are never a good guide to how busy a flight is. You can get an idea via fare buckets using flight stats, for instance th 5PM has just the 1 J seat and mostly expensive economy buckets left indicating a busy one while the later 8Pm or so flight has the cheaper fare buckets on offer.

Must...Fly!

AFF Supporter
VA have 3 flights a day, two on A330s and one on the 737 on weekdays. Compare that to the QF schedule and it's probably more likely the QF flights will have more spare seats on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pam43