Not open for further replies.

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Just saw on 9 news that there's been a Lion Air crash in Bali, but can't see anything online yet, anyone have any info?

Austman

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Not looking great, Runway overrun. But hopefully no causalities.

Lion.jpg

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
All survived apparently. Must be sat on something as I can't imagine they float.

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
It's not a great airport. The runway isn't that long. But great effort on getting everyone out safely.

Must...Fly!

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Hooray, another lionair hull loss.

Anyone who was wondering why they ordered so many planes recently now has the reason!

Mak404matt

Couple more pics I found on Twitter:

BHuEqVcCYAA_eP3.jpg:large

BHuEqCgCMAAO1mE.jpg:large

BHuE3pBCUAEea9h.jpg

NTflyer

Only commenting to my wife last night in the Premier lounge (which has a very good view of that end of the runway) at DPS about how easy it would be for a plane to end up in the drink. Might try to keep those thoughts to myself in the future.

richie9x

From reports the plane was a 737-800 registered as PK-LKS and was delivered 2 months. It flew for a month under Malindo Air before being returned to its parent Lion air. A domestic flight from Bandung to DPS.

One wonders if this will have ramifications for the big order for jets recently announced. If Lion lose their licence to fly, where are they going to go?

chrisb

One wonders if this will have ramifications for the big order for jets recently announced. If Lion lose their licence to fly, where are they going to go?

They'll go To "Lyon Air" which will start flying two days after "Lion Air" is shut down. :)

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.