Linking of QF flights | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Linking of QF flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie

Established Member
After all the good advice I recieved here a couple of months ago I booked a DONE4 with QF, and stopped it in SYD, picked up a seperate flight to Perth. Now I am going to fly back to Syd and continure into Norther Queensland and back intoi Perth. The problem I had when flying from SFO-Syd was because the tickets/bookings were not linked they would not issue me with a boarding pass for the SYD-PER flight or tag my bags. The bags weren't a problem as I had to clear customs and re check anyway. My concern at the time was that the QF systems wouldn't know I was coming to syd if the SFO flight was late. In the end everything was okay on this segement.

The situation now is that I will now fly my PER-SYD flight and then connect onto a SYD-BNE flight which is the DONE4. I want to be able to check bags all the way through and get boarding passes so I dont have to go into arrivals, pickup bag and recheck and go trough security again. If I try and link the flights will Qantas a) say no b) say sure thing c) say busted you cant do that SYD-PER-SYD thing its against the rules, heres a bill for extra charges etc.... Also am I better of trying to link in advance by phone or at checkin (I tried at SFO but they wouldn't/couldn't)

Kiwi Flyer

You should be able to check bags through regardless of who you're flying out of SYD on. Since you're flying out of SYD on QF then you should also be able to get the BP issued.

robertz

I think it had more to do with the flight from SYD-PER wasnt 'open' yet. If you were coming from SFO, then it would have been at least 18 hours in the future.

Ive had a similar problem here in the US, booking in at ATL at 11.30am for a QF flight from LAX at 11.00pm that night. AA wouldn't give me my boarding passes as the flight didnt open until 5 hours before departure.

Might be your problem.

Rob

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Reggie said:
The situation now is that I will now fly my PER-SYD flight and then connect onto a SYD-BNE flight which is the DONE4. I want to be able to check bags all the way through and get boarding passes so I dont have to go into arrivals, pickup bag and recheck and go trough security again. If I try and link the flights will Qantas a) say no b) say sure thing c) say busted you cant do that SYD-PER-SYD thing its against the rules, heres a bill for extra charges etc.... Also am I better of trying to link in advance by phone or at checkin (I tried at SFO but they wouldn't/couldn't)
While my situation was different, I have had boarding passes issued in Perth for PER-MEL and MEL-SYD that were on different bookings.

Dave Noble

Reggie said:
I want to be able to check bags all the way through and get boarding passes
You will have no trouble with that travelling domestically in Australia. On the previous trip, it wouldn't have mattered really that they couldn't give you the BP since, if you were late, they would have had no responsibility to do anything about it due to their being separate tickets. In all likelihood , they would have rebooked you on a later flight tho.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamolhaaaa