Lifetime Gold Kit

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by NM, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Well it has finally arrived, and I am pleased to say that Qantas has not defined the end of my life :D . The Lifetime Gold card is indeed different to a standard Gold FF card. Under the Frequent Flyer logo it has the words "Lifetime Member". It shows the Member Since date and no expiry date.

I will scan a card image and attach it here when I get a chance. I will also include teh text of the letter just in case people are interested.

2. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Proof positive that 4 segments are not required for LTG ;)

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Doesn't seem like proof to me. NM has done more than 4 QF flights since joining QFF

Dave

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #4 serfty, Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
    But has credited zip to QFF in the last 2 years; so definitely no qualifying flights.

Congratulations NM, IIRC 'twas certainly a mad Autumn when you blitzed the 14K SC's.

5. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    It needs 4 segments to qualify or requalify for status. He had already qualified and so had no need to requalify as well as having had 4 segments during the time to earn 14000. I would suspect it would be v unlikely for someone to reach 14,000 SCs but not have 4 QF segments

Dave

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The covering letter reads like this:
    So pretty standard sort of letter outlining the benefits or Lifetime Gold recognition. Its good to finally have the card and I hope it lasts as long as I do ;) .

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Lifetime Gold card looks like this attachment (scanned from the membership kit).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    This is likely to be true, but in the context of simongr's post I believe the reference was to the (now enforced) annual requirement as specified in the T&C's here:
    i.e. Wether 4 or more segments have been flown on Qantas prior to the current year is not relevant to that post.

More than that, there is no reference (specific or implied) about needing to travel on a Qantas Flight number at all in relation to attaining Life Time Silver or Gold. For both it merely states:
    Conceivably, a Qantas frequent flyer could fly on SC earning segments on any airlines other than Qantas, never attaining WP/SG/PS etc due to not having 4 eligible QF flights, reach 7K SC's and be awarded life time silver.

As an aside, a QF segment may be a flight flown with a QF flight number; but unless a valid Qantas Frequent Flyer is entered for that segment it is unlikely it would automatically count as an Eligible Qualifying segment even though it would have been if a QFF number had been used. I would hazard a guess that no QF flight activity that would ordinarily get a '~' if credited to Qantas Frequent Flyer will show if an AAdvantage number is entered for the flight.

The rules are not specific on this either - they do not indicate a QFF number is necessary, just that they need to fly the 4 'eligible flight segments' on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.

An 'Eligible Flight' is defined thus:
    It would be interesting in this context if a Qantas frequent flyer who had accumulated enough SC's in their membership year to achieve a specific status level, had flown four or more QF eligible flight segments but did not credit any of them to QFF would be granted status consistent with the SC's earned.

This is clearly not the intent of the rules. However, it does invalidate my reference to Qualifying flights in the earlier post.

9. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    To qualify for QP do you need 1200 or 1400 SC's from LTG?

10. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I don't any reason for it to be treated any differently to any other Gold member qualifying for Platinum, being 1400 SCs.

11. dajop

dajop Senior Member

Jul 1, 2002
    SIN
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nor should it be. Having one of those days today :rolleyes: .