lhr ck in business counter | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

lhr ck in business counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
709
Qantas
Platinum
I will be travelling with a friend who has no oneworld status. We will be flying BA lhr-yul. Can she line up with me in business check-in counter or will the counter agent crack up and say 'back, back, back to the other line. (slight exageration). I can access business due to silver and qc m'ship.

I am thinking if I get through quicker and have to wait and wait for her to get checked in through economy check-in, will be a bit annoying.

Thanks again
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
I think the general consensus is that if you are travelling together then check in together. Just imagine if you were travelling with a spouse/gf/bf/child with no status.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Just make sure you approach the desk together and hand over your documents together etc. So long as you look like you are travelling together and one of you have the right status to use the premium check-in facility, you will be ok.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
parsonstrish said:
I will be travelling with a friend who has no oneworld status. We will be flying BA lhr-yul. Can she line up with me in business check-in counter or will the counter agent crack up and say 'back, back, back to the other line. (slight exageration). I can access business due to silver and qc m'ship.

I am thinking if I get through quicker and have to wait and wait for her to get checked in through economy check-in, will be a bit annoying.

Thanks again
Are you travelling with luggage? If not, then you should be able to bypass the counter altogether by using OLCI

If you do have baggage, wtill use OLCI, but at the airport I would compare the bag drop queue vs the Club queue and see which is shorter

Dave
 

Blackcat

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
17
Agreed - I used the check-in kiosk at LHR last week and the bag drop queue was quicker than the Business check-in queue (boo - reduced my opportunity to flash the gold FF card!)

More to come in my upcoming trip report...
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,438
Flights
My Map
As a QP member, I've never had any problems checking in at QP counter if available, otherwise Business Counter with non-status, non-QP members who are travelling with me (only one, maybe two, I hasten to add, never tried with more).

As stated above, approach the counter together, and ensure it's clear one of you has the bona fides to be using the counter, and that you're travelling together (and presumably want to be seated togther).

Given you have PS as well as QP I'd be surprised if there's an issue.
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Flights
My Map
tuapekastar said:
As a QP member, I've never had any problems checking in at QP counter if available, otherwise Business Counter with non-status, non-QP members who are travelling with me (only one, maybe two, I hasten to add, never tried with more).

As stated above, approach the counter together, and ensure it's clear one of you has the bona fides to be using the counter, and that you're travelling together (and presumably want to be seated togther).

Given you have PS as well as QP I'd be surprised if there's an issue.
Ex MEL I have checked in at the F counter with 3 x NB and 1 x SG. No questions asked.
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
709
Qantas
Platinum
'As stated above, approach the counter together, and ensure it's clear one of you has the bona fides to be using the counter, and that you're travelling together (and presumably want to be seated togther).'

Thanks all, it isn't absolutely necessary we sit together, but our tickets will show we are definitely doing yul together.

RE. olci, i have no status with ba, will i still be able to use this method if counter is horrendous?
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
parsonstrish said:
RE. olci, i have no status with ba, will i still be able to use this method if counter is horrendous?
Use OLCI 24 hours before departure and you can get checked in and BPs issued; at LHR, just need to go to fast bag drop.

Unlike QFs cruddy OLCI, BA's OLCI does allow access to seats such as exit rows , so def worth using.

If you have Sapphire status, you can of course pre-select seats, so have a good chance of a decent seat

Dave
 

parsonstrish

Active Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
709
Qantas
Platinum
Dave,
for olci, do i go to manage my booking and enter my reservation details and surname? Does that then bring up olci?

Trying not to be a worry wart but with all the baggage that has been lost at lhr, are my chances less of this occuring by using check in counter or bag drop?

I realize this is a 'crystal ball' kind of ?, interested in what people think,
cheers
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
My non-status spouse always checks in with me (WP) at whichever counter I might use when we fly together, and we have not encountered any problem.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
parsonstrish said:
Dave,
for olci, do i go to manage my booking and enter my reservation details and surname? Does that then bring up olci?
Yup. If you have your record locator , then you can get into Manage My Booking. If you go in now, as a sapphire member, you can do seat selection. 24 hrs before departure, you can do OLCi

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,315
Messages
2,081,391
Members
53,723
Latest member
hammerhead417
Top