Lazy points question

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by MetroAir, Feb 3, 2006.

1. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

OK, I've been out to dinner, had a few good reds and received a call over dinner asking me to head down to ADL next week.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Now, being very lazy and not looking this up myself, do I throw the points to QF or AA?

My AA plat expires at the end of the month, so I'm still Plat when I need to fly, I'm QCNB and the flights will be QF J class.

??

2. Guest

Guest Guest

try and add your veloshity # to the booking ;)

3. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Thanks d00t

(note to self - never get on the forum after a liquid dinner!)

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    There's nothing wrong with your post

5. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Someone else too - the red, not ADL that is. :D

BNE-ADL in J does earn decent QF SCs I believe, so if you were chasing QF status or lifetime Gold goals then I'd throw to QF. However if you're not, then I'd put it to the program where the redemption opportunites were best. For eg. if this flight would push your AA miles up to a bracket where you could claim a decent award redemption, then I'd bank to AA.

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    BNE-SYD-ADL in J is 100 SCs each way.

7. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Thanks guys.

8. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    MetroAir, sounds like you didn't re-qualify Plat for 2006. So on 1 March, you'll drop to Gold. But for this flight, you continue to get Plat-based points (100% bonus) until 28 Feb. It goes without saying that you'll get class of service (business) bonus as well. This earning would be better than under your QF account.

Another reason you'd credit to one program in particular, is if you would get enough points to then have enough for an award.

9. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Thanks Lindsay, yes I will probably put them to AA, I always just drop points into QF if I'm going for a ticket for Mrs MA, otherwise I leave them sitting in AMEX/Diners.