LAX transit question | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

LAX transit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetpack

I'm considering booking a BA flight arriving in LAX at 7.15pm. I will then need to check in on a UA flight to SYD departing at 10.00pm. Is this a realistic plan or should I scrap this idea altogether? I'm limited by award availability that's why I'm even considering it.

BAM1748

AFF Supporter
Personally I wouldn't do it, all it takes is a missing passenger before you get on the BA flight and a dithering passenger getting off and you've missed you're connection.

Matt

serfty

Flights
My Map
No way - different airline alliance, three hours.

A couple of days ago I came close to missing a 6 hour connection
QF-AA at LAX.

Sprucegoose

AFF Supporter
Personally I wouldn't do it, all it takes is a missing passenger before you get on the BA flight and a dithering passenger getting off and you've missed you're connection.

Matt
Or a drunk plumber from BNE!!!

maninblack

Established Member
This topic is getting plenty of coverage in various threads. I would use 3 hours coming off international J onto domestic/Canada flights as a general rule of thumb at LAX. Onto international with far less change/alternative options on the day, 4 hours. Beyond that who can say what events might transpire to affect things. After all your outgoing flight is probably just as likely to be delayed as your incoming. You cannot account for every possibility, just use common sense. Never had a problem using 3 hours. YMMV!

ozbeachbabe

AFF Supporter
I'm considering booking a BA flight arriving in LAX at 7.15pm. I will then need to check in on a UA flight to SYD departing at 10.00pm. Is this a realistic plan or should I scrap this idea altogether? I'm limited by award availability that's why I'm even considering it.
Are there any options via SFO that would give you several hours in between flights?

If not, I'd seriously consider flying out of LHR the day prior then overnighting at LAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevrat67