Laundering Diners Points | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Laundering Diners Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Hi all

I am just running out my old corporate Diners card (changed jobs so I am Amex) and I have about 20K of Diners points and am wondering what to do with them.

I am also (probably) going to switch to AAdvantage as my FF program.

Basically I am wodnering if there is a way to move the points effectively to AAdvantage or is it best to flick them Qantas to be used for domestic upgrades (it would pretty much pay for my upgrade from Econ to Bus for my upcoming auckland trip).

One other option is simply to get a DJs voucher for about $150.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

S
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
I have not found a really affective way to get DC points to AA, so I just plan on using mine to supplement the QF account for upgrades.
 

kpc

AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
5,926
simongr said:
Hi all

I am just running out my old corporate Diners card (changed jobs so I am Amex) and I have about 20K of Diners points and am wondering what to do with them.

I am also (probably) going to switch to AAdvantage as my FF program.

Basically I am wodnering if there is a way to move the points effectively to AAdvantage or is it best to flick them Qantas to be used for domestic upgrades (it would pretty much pay for my upgrade from Econ to Bus for my upcoming auckland trip).

One other option is simply to get a DJs voucher for about $150.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

S
2 DC points -> 1 Starwood point -> 1 AA Mile
...so you could get 10k AA miles with your 20k DC points:mrgreen: Only you can decide if this is "effective";)
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,229
Hmm - its a tough one - I have to also think about my Amex points. I have an AMex gold charge card (should have gotten a credit card to get 1.5points d'oh) and run at about $3k per month on average. I am thinking of dropping down to choices program rather than ascent as that will save me $40 per year and I can move the points to AA through Starwood - but would it be easier just to keep those points flowing to QF for domestic upgrades....
 

drron

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
18,538
NM said:
I have not found a really affective way to get DC points to AA, so I just plan on using mine to supplement the QF account for upgrades.
I must be missing something here.The only reason I keep using Diners is to transfer points to AA.Just checked and it still lists reward code 1208 as 2 diners reward points = 1 AA point with minimum 2000 transfer.
 

NM

Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,786
Flights
My Map
drron said:
I must be missing something here.The only reason I keep using Diners is to transfer points to AA.Just checked and it still lists reward code 1208 as 2 diners reward points = 1 AA point with minimum 2000 transfer.
Cool. I had better go back and check. That's better transfer rate than Amex.
 

drron

AFF Supporter
Joined
Jul 4, 2002
Messages
18,538
Well I have just transferred my points.They appeared in my AA account in 48 hours even though the website says it may take 28 days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
80,764
Messages
1,858,066
Members
48,599
Latest member
Kezby007
Top