Laundering Diners Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Hi all

I am just running out my old corporate Diners card (changed jobs so I am Amex) and I have about 20K of Diners points and am wondering what to do with them.

I am also (probably) going to switch to AAdvantage as my FF program.

Basically I am wodnering if there is a way to move the points effectively to AAdvantage or is it best to flick them Qantas to be used for domestic upgrades (it would pretty much pay for my upgrade from Econ to Bus for my upcoming auckland trip).

One other option is simply to get a DJs voucher for about $150.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

S

I have not found a really affective way to get DC points to AA, so I just plan on using mine to supplement the QF account for upgrades.

simongr said:
Hi all

I am just running out my old corporate Diners card (changed jobs so I am Amex) and I have about 20K of Diners points and am wondering what to do with them.

I am also (probably) going to switch to AAdvantage as my FF program.

Basically I am wodnering if there is a way to move the points effectively to AAdvantage or is it best to flick them Qantas to be used for domestic upgrades (it would pretty much pay for my upgrade from Econ to Bus for my upcoming auckland trip).

One other option is simply to get a DJs voucher for about $150.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

S
2 DC points -> 1 Starwood point -> 1 AA Mile
...so you could get 10k AA miles with your 20k DC points:mrgreen: Only you can decide if this is "effective";)

Hmm - its a tough one - I have to also think about my Amex points. I have an AMex gold charge card (should have gotten a credit card to get 1.5points d'oh) and run at about $3k per month on average. I am thinking of dropping down to choices program rather than ascent as that will save me $40 per year and I can move the points to AA through Starwood - but would it be easier just to keep those points flowing to QF for domestic upgrades....

NM said:
I have not found a really affective way to get DC points to AA, so I just plan on using mine to supplement the QF account for upgrades.
I must be missing something here.The only reason I keep using Diners is to transfer points to AA.Just checked and it still lists reward code 1208 as 2 diners reward points = 1 AA point with minimum 2000 transfer.

drron said:
I must be missing something here.The only reason I keep using Diners is to transfer points to AA.Just checked and it still lists reward code 1208 as 2 diners reward points = 1 AA point with minimum 2000 transfer.
Cool. I had better go back and check. That's better transfer rate than Amex.

Well I have just transferred my points.They appeared in my AA account in 48 hours even though the website says it may take 28 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back