Latest Velocity BP Fuel Offers | Page 23 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Latest Velocity BP Fuel Offers

MattA

To sell more fuel.
Well, yeah obviously. But I meant from Velocity’s point of view. With so little time left in the partnership, why would they still want to direct their customers to a partner who are about to be linked up with their direct competitor?

Harthagan

Well, yeah obviously. But I meant from Velocity’s point of view. With so little time left in the partnership, why would they still want to direct their customers to a partner who are about to be linked up with their direct competitor?
I would assume they still get a kickback from any fuel sales associated with the promotion.

docjames

Flights
My Map
I would assume they still get a kickback from any fuel sales associated with the promotion.
BP would pay them for the points so presumably it’s revenue positive for them. Without an immediate replacement (other than via flybuys) I guess take the revenue whilst they can. Virgin can use all the revenue it can get at the moment.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I got the multi fill increasing discount as well, the day after I filled up with Coles Express (linked to FlyBuys). Will see if I could be bothered switching back to it.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Does anyone else find out, that of late, when we go to BP ((or OTR for me in South Aust)), that the former way of getting bonus points, seems to have been done away with.
Up to a few months ago, I would slide my VGW card down the right hand side of their EFTPOS reader, and the screen would ask, if I wanted to pay for the purchases with points balance on the VGW.
Went to my normal OTR, their system of first sliding the VGW card down the right hand side, seems no longer active.
Tried twice, both pleeped red, declinced/rejected.
Check out person said just to tap, and tap & pay I did, it worked.
Latest offers in my case has only mentioned fuel, I don't drive, so only go to BP/OTR for other stuff, to keep my VFF account active without flying or paying via Bpay.
Not sure now if the "normal" 2 points per $1 spent at BP/OTR using VGW card has been activated.
Seems like they are preparing for the start of their QFF relationship.

AisleSeat

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Seems BP are slacking. Bonus points are supposed to land within 7 days but they haven't for my second fill. First one went fine.

Last edited:

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Seems BP are speaking. Bonus points are supposed to land within 7 days but they haven't for my second fill. First one went fine.
My first fill credited next day as normal with the bonus points. Second fill credited next day but bonus points didn’t for 3 days. Third fill all credited next day aswell

kyle

Does anyone else find out, that of late, when we go to BP ((or OTR for me in South Aust)), that the former way of getting bonus points, seems to have been done away with.
Up to a few months ago, I would slide my VGW card down the right hand side of their EFTPOS reader, and the screen would ask, if I wanted to pay for the purchases with points balance on the VGW.
Went to my normal OTR, their system of first sliding the VGW card down the right hand side, seems no longer active.
Tried twice, both pleeped red, declinced/rejected.
Check out person said just to tap, and tap & pay I did, it worked.
Latest offers in my case has only mentioned fuel, I don't drive, so only go to BP/OTR for other stuff, to keep my VFF account active without flying or paying via Bpay.
Not sure now if the "normal" 2 points per $1 spent at BP/OTR using VGW card has been activated.
Seems like they are preparing for the start of their QFF relationship.
I don't have Global Wallet active so can't tap, but the side slide on one of the POS terminals at my local BP was not working for a few days. I thought it was my card initially and promptly ordered a new one.

coriander

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Just saw a new offer in the VFF app. Valid until 23 Dec.

Visit 1 = 3 points/L
Visit 2 = 4 points/L
Visit 3 = 5 points/L
Received this by email as well: $10 fill today, $10 fill tomorrow, 80 litre fill next week. T&Cs say max fill 150 litres, but don't mention minimum fill.

Harthagan

Won't miss the BP deals one bit tbh. The BPs in my area are always a good 20c/L dearer than the cheapest price available. It's annoying that the woolworths/caltex stations seem to always be very competitive, too bad we don't shop at woolies or fly with qantas :(

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Purely speculating, VFF might just might form an alliance with Mobil/X Convenience.
They formed an alliance with BP all that time ago outside of Coles Express and FBs.

kyle

My first fill credited next day as normal with the bonus points. Second fill credited next day but bonus points didn’t for 3 days. Third fill all credited next day aswell
And we're still missing bonus points for the 3rd fill for one of the accounts. Both 2nd and 3rd fills were done on the last day of the promotion on 23 Dec.

twiningb

And we're still missing bonus points for the 3rd fill for one of the accounts. Both 2nd and 3rd fills were done on the last day of the promotion on 23 Dec.
I was going to do this and then I found something in the fine print about the transactions having to be on separate days. So you might be out of luck.

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I was going to do this and then I found something in the fine print about the transactions having to be on separate days. So you might be out of luck.
Correct.
I held off filling the wife’s car until the next day for this exact reason

robtemt

Flights
My Map
I don't have Global Wallet active so can't tap, but the side slide on one of the POS terminals at my local BP was not working for a few days. I thought it was my card initially and promptly ordered a new one.
Late to the game reading this post. Our BP had a few VFF card reading issues a while back. They just told us to bring all our receipts back when it was back online, and they would process them, which they did. We are in the country and they currently have a sign that says "anything in our store is free for firies", so our BP may be an exception to customer service.

I'm really conflicted about continuing to support such a customer and community focused business and getting my VFF points when this partnership ends.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RailMitra