JQ to offer $49 tix between Mel and Per

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by DTM1, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    The one way $49 fares will be only be available through Jetstar's website between 6pm and midnight today, until sold out. The airline has not disclosed how many seats are available.

The offer is only for travel between November 15 and December 15 this year.

Prices drop as airfare war hots up - Travel - theage.com.au

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I wonder what happened to the 'unsustainable' view they had when Tiger had $59 fares. Perhaps more interesting though, is that they have added a second flight that actually runs MEL-PER, rather than out of AVV.

3. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    yes, and no co-incidence that the MEL - PER flight departs 30 minutes after the last QF flight for the day.

Also, I wonder whether this will get Barnaby Joyce all excited about predatory pricing now, in light of the new amendments to the trade practices act ?

4. Travel Guru

Travel Guru Established Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Gold Coast, Australia
    And I thought they were bad enough on a 1 hr flt from OOL-SYD...perish the thought of spending 5 or 6 hours crossing the country on them....AAARRHHHH SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

TG

5. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Well I have flown BNE-DRW on Jetstar... I actually enjoyed (based on the cheapness and alternatives) the flight, believe it or not! :D

Actually, the sale was interesting. They've made sure to specify clearly what the sale is offering (eg not available on Fri/Sun). Methinks they're a touch scared of the ACCC report that happened after their Footy sale!

6. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

What do you mean?

7. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    A few people in the office have booked $49 flights - will be interesting to hear what they think of JQ on the redeye.

I find it funny how in the press release they put a positive spin on operating from two airports (which I agree with - the additional PER-MEL service is an improvement on PER-AVV only), and then later go on to say that they're going to drop PER-MEL in 2008.